The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

Jan

MESSAGE FOR ABOVE PHOTOS....SORRY it did not post, Dave

Sony A7RIV 12-24mm lens at 24mm ISO 400 1/100 sec, f11 hand held. I was always under the impression that images made for the web or email should NOT be PROPHOTO, which is my working space on my calibrated monitor. My prints from my Epson printers seem to duplicate this color space very well. I was under the impression web images should be something like Epson RGB so I usually use that color space for web images. I am posting TWO images, first Pro Photo and the second Epsom RGB. When looked at side by side on my monitor the Epson RGB image really looses its color punch and subtleties. Should I use my working Space as my profile for web images? Thanks in advance. I will also post over on the processing board. Thanks in advance.
Dave in NJ
84 year old Amateur still learning
I'm not sure about 'Epson RGB' but the colour setting for the web should indeed be RGB. All my screens are calibrated and the images you have posted are extremely saturated, especially when compared to images posted by other members.

AlanS

vjbelle

7RM4 and Voigtlander 35mm F2 @F2. A wonderful lens that only has one fault..... some focus shift. It is important to focus with the working aperture up to f5.6. I usually shoot at either f4 or f5.6 with this lens and find focusing at those apertures very easy.

Victor B.
_DSC5644.jpg