The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

AlanS

From my walk up Ben Cruachan which has two Munros plus a few more tops. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munro)
It was foggy when I started out but was slowly burned off as the sun got to work....

View up to the final ramp to the 1st Munro (Ben Cruachan), still shrouded in cloud which never burned off all day

View south showing the Hydro dam (it's known as "The Hollow Mountain" due to the Hydro scheme)

Looking across at the final top and decent ridge (I still have the 2nd Munro to reach yet)

The summit cairn of the 2nd Munro, Stob Daimh looking East

View back up to Ben Cruachan, still covered in cloud at the end of a tough but very enjoyable day (nearly, still had a steep and gnarly 350m decent to the car yet!)

Oh and I only saw 2 people all day! (that's a plus)

Last edited:

AlanS

It feels a bit "plasticy" but is quite nice to use and it doesn't start at 24mm or go to 105mm!
I have a 24-105 f4 G lens on it's way for my serious work! 😂 😂 😂 😂😂
I am quite impressed with the 28-60 and it will get lots of use when I am walking (hills).

k-hawinkler

It feels a bit "plasticy" but is quite nice to use and it doesn't start at 24mm or go to 105mm!
I have a 24-105 f4 G lens on it's way for my serious work! 😂 😂 😂 😂😂
I am quite impressed with the 28-60 and it will get lots of use when I am walking (hills).
Thank you Alan.

When reading your response to Bart I was pondering this article
and thought why does Alan mention the 24-105 f4 G lens in connection with the 28-60.

That article by Richard Butler refers to the Fujifilm GF35-70mm, in 135 film equivalent to 28-60 (actually 28-55) mm.
Also you show beautiful images of Scottish landscapes, Richard shows beautiful images of English landscapes. ;)

Thanks for the pictures you post regularly. I enjoy looking at them.(y)

Last edited:

AlanS

I appreciate the kind comment K-H.
I only mentioned the 24-105 because Bart asked if there were any downsides to the 28-60 and the biggest is that it is not a 24-105! :D