The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2022

pegelli

Birch forest in the Peace Wood near Bizory in the Ardennes, visiting veterans of the US forces that fought in the December 1944/January 1945 battle of the Ardennes can plant their own tree there with a little nameplate

A7ii + Tamron 28-200 Di III RXD

ggibson

Some pictures with a new toy, the Techart LM-EA9 autofocus adapter for Leica M lenses. The new adapter seems great, and addresses some key issues with the first iteration. Autofocus is a bit more limited in area compared to native lenses, but it does work with Eye-AF. A way to bring new life to old lenses. Since the Leica M mount has a short flange distance, it's also possible to attach SLR lenses with a second adapter to the front of the Techart. It's only has a weight limit of 500g.

Shown here with the Leica 40mm f2 Summicron-C, and a couple of other 40ish lenses, the Voigtlander 40/1.2 and Sigma 45/2.8. I also have the VM version of the Voigtlander lens now, and will be comparing the two versions. The e-mount lens is optically corrected for the thicker Sony sensor stack, which as far as I can see only affects far corner bokeh at wider apertures. It also has proper EXIF written to the files, which I do appreciate at times.

Techart AF Adapter for Leica M by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

A couple of shots with the Leica 40/2, at f2:

Anna's Fall Outfit by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Fall Leaves by Graham Gibson, on Flickr