The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaree

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Q: What happened to the lost cow?
A: Nobody's herd
...If you didn't like that cow joke don't worry, I've got udders :D
Very nice Barry, the photo and the joke! I almost missed the cow.....you caught it in the nick of time, it almost went out of my browser :clap:

scho

A walk around the frozen marina and a visit with the old caboose near there. It sold via an eBay auction last year but new owner has not picked up his "treasure" yet. All with the Sony a7II + Fringer III CN-SE adapter + Contax N 24-85 Vario Sonnar.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

I was in Israel for business just before Christmas so since I was in the neighborhood had to tick off this bucket list item in nearby Jordan.

Camel #11 - The Treasury in Petra

A7RII 16mm 1/6s f/13

D

Deleted member 7792

I was in Israel for business just before Christmas so since I was in the neighborhood had to tick off this bucket list item in nearby Jordan.

Camel #11 - The Treasury in Petra

A7RII 16mm 1/6s f/13

Graham, I love the photo and the signature "Adventure before dementia". I'm afraid I've crossed the line. :D

Did I say I love the photo?

Joe

mediumcool

Shutters and long grass, Edwardstown

Sony a7 w/ Pentax-M 35mm f/2.8 1/640 f/8 ISO 400

Last edited:

mediumcool

Under construction

Sony a7 w/ Pentax-M 35mm f/2.8 1/640 f/5.6 ISO 400

The Ute

Virgin River at the Court of the Patriarchs. Zion NP.
A7RII/24-70GM

AlanS

A few more from yesterday, A7, C/Y 28-85mm, Hamsterley forest

Barry Haines

That 90mm is just a superb lens.
Thanks Ute, if you are interested in lens resolution tests etc... (as I believe you well maybe) + Obviously taking into account the actual sensor being used for the measurements as being a major contributing factor....Then the 4 highest resolving lenses over on DxOMark are listed in this order (by click on the "Sharpness" column to the right of DxOMark score column). https://www.dxomark.com/lenses/laun...Options=false&viewMode=list&yDataType=rankDxo

1st Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM / On: Canon EOS 5DS R...$6599
2nd Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS / On: Sony A7R II...$1100
3rd Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2 135 ZE Canon / On: Canon EOS 5DS R...$1600
4th Carl Zeiss Apo Planar T* Otus 85mm F1.4 ZE Canon / On: Canon EOS 5DS R...$4490

On further investigation of those 4 selected lenses...i.e. View Comparison (and BTW a maximum of just 3 lenses can only be selected at a tiime) > Measurements (tab) > Sharpness (tab) > Profiles (tab)
Then you will see by clicking on the corresponding equivalent apertures that the Sony 90mm FE Macro G bests the other 3 lenses between apertures F2.8 and F11 for acutance.
Personally I think this native Sony lens offers a major bang for the buck, that's if you don't need a faster aperture mid-tele.
I have had my 90mm G macro since it was released and have spent a fair amount of time using it...It is not only super sharp but it has an excellent bokeh (albeit starting from f2.8). + IMHO it performs just as good for close-ups as it does with tackling far distance landscapes stopped down....It's a very versatile lens indeed, almost without any flaws as long as you can get hold of a nice sample :)
Please click on 100% link below image...Cheers Barry

k-hawinkler

+1 for Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS on A7r2! :thumbs:

IMHO it also seems to work for portraits - even when focus isn't spot on. :grin:

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Karl, very nice portraits you have just added with the 90mm ^^^
...I think most people that already have the FE 90mm macro G are pretty delighted with it.

Rock Pool Reflection (FE 90mm G macro)
+
Port Isaac Harbour Reflection (CV12mm)

Last edited:

seb

All the best for 2017 everyone!

I'm just back from New Zealand with "some" pictures on my cards. So, if somebody wonders the next month I still live in Switzerland. ;)

Cheers, Seb

Auckland Harbour (a7RII + 55/1.8)

Auckland

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.