The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris C

Taken at Polperro earlier today...
Well thanks for that; I'm always thinking of Polperro, and yes I'd love to have been there today too. I know it as a busy fishing village, but now it's more of a second home village with an absence of children or indigenous Cornish.

Oskar Kokoshka painted Polperro many times, there's a fantastic version I tried to find without success, but maybe this version will interest you?

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?img...NLfAhVSoXEKHU2vCLwQMwhIKAswCw&iact=mrc&uact=8

........... Chris

Barry Haines

Well thanks for that; I'm always thinking of Polperro, and yes I'd love to have been there today too. I know it as a busy fishing village, but now it's more of a second home village with an absence of children or indigenous Cornish.

Oskar Kokoshka painted Polperro many times, there's a fantastic version I tried to find without success, but maybe this version will interest you?

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?img...NLfAhVSoXEKHU2vCLwQMwhIKAswCw&iact=mrc&uact=8

........... Chris

Polperro is indeed a lovely Cornish fishing village, it lends itself to either being painted or photographed.
Not many people about yesterday (locals or visitors alike)...Sadly it's deserted nowadays as you say...but mainly because every other property is a holiday rental as opposed to second home owners who only come down occasional from the "Big Smoke" at the weekends :(

BTW - Thanks for the link...I'm personally still a big fan of the old classics from The Newlyn School of Art.
List of Painters https://www.penleehouse.org.uk/artists/walter-langley and name links (on the left hand side) to some of their work.

Penlee House (Penzance) has a wonderful collection of "The Newlyn School of Artists work" for anybody who might be interested in going to see...it's well worth a visit.

Boscastle a few hours ago (Also sadly deserted in the winter months) - Sony GM 85mm

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Recently acquired yet another Voigtlander 15mm, this one turned out to have far better (non blurred) corners at infinity once stopped down than all of the others - A keeper at long last :)
Taken last night over at Boscastle looking across the Atlantic ocean towards America..."The Puddle"

D

Deleted member 7792

Recently acquired yet another Voigtlander 15mm, this one turned out to have far better (non blurred) corners at infinity once stopped down than all of the others - A keeper at long last :)
Taken last night over at Boscastle looking across the Atlantic ocean towards America..."The Puddle"
Barry, it's wonderful to have you posting regularly again on this forum. I'm no longer a Sony user, having just sold my IR-converted A6500, but visit this thread regularly for inspiration and to catch up with "old friends". Your photographs of coastal England never cease to inspire and impress. Keep it up!

Joe

P.S. You're barely visible from my side of "The Puddle". ;)

scho

We are experiencing an El Nino winter this year and today it was 47 degrees F. Melting ice and snow in the Enfield Creek gorge produced a good flow of water over the falls at the bottom of the gorge. Sony A7R(m) with Leica R 50/2 Summicron. Astronomik OWB Type 3 UV/IR cut Clip-Filter on sensor.

Barry Haines

Barry, it's wonderful to have you posting regularly again on this forum. I'm no longer a Sony user, having just sold my IR-converted A6500, but visit this thread regularly for inspiration and to catch up with "old friends". Your photographs of coastal England never cease to inspire and impress. Keep it up!

Joe

P.S. You're barely visible from my side of "The Puddle". ;)
Thank you Joe, very kind of you...I try my best with what I have on my doorstep.
Taking the curvature of the earth into account and the fact that we are both tallish guys, I think I can just make out your hat within that sunset ;)

It's such a pity that so many once A7? owners like yourself have now stopped posting in this thread, I do understand why when I see the IQ from medium format files, nonetheless it's a shame.
Hope you are enjoying your H'Blad..it certainly produces the goods :thumbup:
Hopefully you will be back posting here again one day when Sony produces a medium format camera...until then, take care my friend...Cheers for now Barry

The Gate House taken last Friday - CV65mm @ f5.6
+
Solitary Tree (Selenium Toned) taken awhile ago - Sony 16-35mm (f4 version) @ f8

Last edited:

gurtch

Thank you Joe, very kind of you...I try my best with what I have on my doorstep.
Taking the curvature of the earth into account and the fact that we are both tallish guys, I think I can just make out your hat within that sunset ;)

It's such a pity that so many once A7? owners like yourself have now stopped posting in this thread, I do understand why when I see the IQ from medium format files, nonetheless it's a shame.
Hope you are enjoying your H'Blad..it certainly produces the goods :thumbup:
Hopefully you will be back posting here again one day when Sony produces a medium format camera...until then, take care my friend...Cheers for now Barry

The Gate House taken last Friday - CV65mm @ f5.6
+
Solitary Tree (Selenium Toned) taken awhile ago - Sony 16-35mm (f4 version) @ f8

Great to see your posts Barry......you inspire me. I just got a Fuji GFX 50R, with 23mm and 32-64mm lenses, but kept my extensive A7RII system. I have always been a two format photographer since the film- darkroom days. I sold my Pentax 645D as it too heavy for me now. I hope to post here, as well as the MF forum. Happy new year.
Dave in NJ

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Gandolfi

The eagle & rabbit shot is excellent.
It reminds me of an Albrecht Durer engravings,
Paul
Many thanks, Paul.:eek:

I saw the Durer young hare engraving at the Albertina Gallery in Vienna 3 or 4 years ago, and I note that they are having a big Durer exhibition this September.

My rabbit was at the Bristol Museum and Art Gallery where they have a large and varied collection of stuffed animals, all behind glass and it's fun to try to produce some 'Art' from them.

Here is one more.

I was actually there to see a great exhibition of Japanese wood block prints, Hiroshige, Eisen and Hokusai. There are 2 more similar exhibitions later this year.

All the best.

pegelli

A cold day in Lapland last week (-14 degC)

A6000 + E18-105/4 G

Believe it or not, it is a colour picture.

Barry Haines

Great to see your posts Barry......you inspire me. I just got a Fuji GFX 50R, with 23mm and 32-64mm lenses, but kept my extensive A7RII system. I have always been a two format photographer since the film- darkroom days. I sold my Pentax 645D as it too heavy for me now. I hope to post here, as well as the MF forum. Happy new year.
Dave in NJ
Thank you David very kind of you to say so.
That medium format kit of yours is very desirable (I can't say that I'm not tempted to go for the very same outfit as you have chosen)...Glad you are still keeping and using your Sony A7RII outfit...please keep posting in this thread when you can find the time.
Happy New Year to you also and ENJOY your new camera and lenses :)....Cheers Barry

Taken a few hours ago...Portwrinkle was once a very old thriving Cornish pilchard fishing village, that has now sadly fallen into disrepair.
The jagged submerged rocks make it now treacherous along this part of the coast for the little fishing boats to enter this harbour.
The last 2 images are looking towards Guernsey and Jersey and further beyond that onto to Mont-Saint Michel in Normandy, France.
CV40mm and CV15mm (Silver Toned)

Last edited:

pegelli

The "Nieuwe Rijn" (or New Rhine) in Leiden is still in Christmas mood on Jan 7 :cool:

A7 + Super Wide Heliar 12/5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.