The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

Does anyone here know if Barry Haines is Ok ?
Yes he is, I had a short chat with him last week. He did not elaborate on his absence from here and I miss his work as well!

Last edited:

pegelli

Glad to hear Barry is OK, thanks for checking Alan.

Statue of Jan de Lichte in front of the Antwerp Courthouse

A7 + MC Rokkor 58/1.4

Jan de Lichte was a famous 18th century bushranger, and on this statue he wears a placque saying: "Voor giene chanteric peu" (=Voor geene diender schrik = not afraid of the police).

The Ute

Thanks for the responses on Barry
Glad to hear he is OK
Where will you be migrating to when this blog shuts down ?
I was thinking of heading over to Fred Miranda and starting a thread just like this one
I'd like to thank Guy for the privilege of being able to post here for so long

pegelli

Where will you be migrating to when this blog shuts down ?
I was thinking of heading over to Fred Miranda and starting a thread just like this one
The latest news is that there seem to be some members with the right technical skills as well as the time/energy are now talking with Jack/Bob/Guy on volunteering to continue the site. And a lot of people have offered financial support so that is probably one of the easiest gaps to close.

If GetDPI stops I'll probably fall back on Dyxum (I'm a very active member and involved in the organisation there) and don't know if I would join another forum in the short term. I will surely miss GetDPI if it would close down as it is distinctly different from Dyxum, but I think I can survive without immediately needing a replacement and longer term I don't know which other forum I would join. Time will tell (or hopefully it won't because GetDPI might continue).

Shac

Let's hope your info works out Pegelli. I'd hate to see the site disappear. Let us know if small contributions ($$) can help

PS - still no reply from K-H

pegelli

The Gilad Hekselman trio performing at the Hnita Jazz Club (Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium)

Both A7 + M-Summicron 50/2 DR

pegelli

Entrance gate to Hof van Liere, a castle in my neighbourhood.
Unfortunately there's no public access beyond the point from where this photo was taken.

Sony A7Rii + LA-EA4 + Minolta 100/2

Status
Not open for further replies.