The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithDM

In the garden this morning - Clematis Nobia with A7III, 60mm Macro Elmarit-R and Macro Adaptor. (Hand-held, f16, ISO 12800)

ClematisNiobeRMacro.jpg

gurtch

GANDOLFI----THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!
This was a "too much time on your hands" fun project. I just discovered one of my cameras had different "modes" you can set for in camera manipulation. One such mode is "water color" mode. I did not go out and shoot images with that mode, but rather, took already processed and finished images and opened them up one by one on my PC monitor. I then set the camera to water color mode and photographed the screen images, and presto-changeo pseudo water color paintings!-
Dave in NJ
_DSC2880.JPG_DSC2873.JPG_DSC2878.JPG_DSC2877.JPG_DSC2876.JPG_DSC2875.JPG_DSC2874.JPGD835 framed.jpgD834 framed.jpg_DSC2880.JPG_DSC2873.JPG_DSC2878.JPG_DSC2877.JPG_DSC2876.JPG_DSC2875.JPG_DSC2874.JPGD835 framed.jpgD834 framed.jpg_DSC2880.JPG_DSC2873.JPG_DSC2878.JPG_DSC2877.JPG_DSC2876.JPG_DSC2875.JPG_DSC2874.JPGD835 framed.jpgD834 framed.jpg

gurtch

Dreadfully sorry, Dave, I'll keep quiet in future!:ROTFL:
It is a fun thing to do. I took your lead and photographed directly off the computer screen. Original images were made with a Fuji GFX 50R. Screen copies made with A7RII and Sigma 70mm macro lens hand held. Thank you again for the neat fun thing to do.
Dave

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
We've been having the most wonderful cloudscapes here the last few days, in fact during most of lockdown, which has been the most interesting of interesting times; been even better not being disturbed by jet con. trails.

I have great fun making them look ridiculous with Nik Col Efex and Nik Silver Efex.

Here a couple more, from today's bike ride!

Attachments

AlanS

By the way, I have been testing the pixel shift mode on the A7r IV and have found it next to useless for subjects like this one
That is rather disappointing, you would think that it was the perfect subject.

The Ute

That is rather disappointing, you would think that it was the perfect subject.
I agree Alan which is why I was disappointed
These were my settings in case I might have been doing something incorrectly ?
F11, AF- auto, Focus area- Wide, Steady shot off, Pixel shift on- 16 shots at 2 sec delay bet shots, ISO 100, tripod mounted, remote trigger, Tamron 28-75
I also tried the 4 shot version and used f8
It was a clear and pretty much windless day
The output after processing looked grainy

My guess is that maybe closer objects which are static might work better ?
I may try that at some point although this has left me feeling much less motivated to use it as subjects like these make up the bulk of my shooting
If you have any advice please feel free to pass it on

Thanks in advance for your interest

Last edited:

vjbelle

I haven't used pixel shift that often but when I did I could see a distinct improvement. Your subject matter should have been a good candidate. I would have used f5.6 since dof shouldn't have been an issue and diffraction is certainly present at f11. The delay between the shots isn't necessary since the camera automatically uses the ES. I would try the shot again if you get the chance. Most importantly, nothing can move!!

Regards,

Victor B

The Ute

I haven't used pixel shift that often but when I did I could see a distinct improvement. Your subject matter should have been a good candidate. I would have used f5.6 since dof shouldn't have been an issue and diffraction is certainly present at f11. The delay between the shots isn't necessary since the camera automatically uses the ES. I would try the shot again if you get the chance. Most importantly, nothing can move!!

Regards,

Victor B
Thank you for the response
I also tried it w no delay at f8
The result was the same
Sandstone mountains and features are not known for their ability to move :)

Status
Not open for further replies.