The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Yesterday we went to a local watering hole "Happy Hour" inside bar. What a great time....saw friends we have not seen in 6 months. When we got home it started to pour rain, but we wanted to sit on our deck for a night cap. My wife, Sharon, put out our awning. It has a remote control. It started to really pour, so "the Man of the House" decided to put the awning out further. "The Man" pushed the button the wrong way, and the awning came "IN" and everything, including us, got soaked. To make the best of a bad situation, I got my camera and made this. Life is a gift, "Carpe Diam"
Sony A7RIV, 24~105mm f4 lens at 94mm, f6.3, 1/60 sec, ISO 1600. Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
image 0299 wine glass framed.jpg

TimoK

Yesterday we went to a local watering hole "Happy Hour" inside bar. What a great time....saw friends we have not seen in 6 months. When we got home it started to pour rain, but we wanted to sit on our deck for a night cap. My wife, Sharon, put out our awning. It has a remote control. It started to really pour, so "the Man of the House" decided to put the awning out further. "The Man" pushed the button the wrong way, and the awning came "IN" and everything, including us, got soaked. To make the best of a bad situation, I got my camera and made this. Life is a gift, "Carpe Diam"
Sony A7RIV, 24~105mm f4 lens at 94mm, f6.3, 1/60 sec, ISO 1600. Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
View attachment 176045
This is a great image! It resembles me the time in eighteens when I was first time in in photographic studio with a view camera, black plexiglass background and many spotlights with color filters. That was part of my photo school. I got possibility to use my friend's studio to learn how to make those great pictures I had seen in the magazines. I took a couple of wine glasses and filled them with soda water. My results wasn't as fine as your photo, but I was very satisfied to what I made.:)

Last edited:

gurtch

This is a great image! It resembles me the time in eighteens when I was first time in in photographic studio with a view camera, black plexiglass background and many spotlights with color filters. That was part of my photo school. I got possibility to use my friend's studio to learn how to make those great pictures I had seen in the magazines. I took a couple of wine glasses and filled them with soda water. My results wasn't as fine as your photo, but I was very satisfied to what I made.:)
Thanks for your kind words. My wife decorated the railing with a string of colored lights, and their out of focus image adds color.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.