The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

tbhv55

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s

@toobacat. I don't have the x100s (only the x100;)) but the latest information that I've seen on x100s focus speed seems to be that you need to go to the "Power Management" menu, and turn the "High Performance" setting to ON.

Users are reporting much faster AF with this setting. Hope this helps.

ibcj

I received my X100s and also sold my X100 yesterday. I find the X100s to definitely focus faster than the X100. It is not as fast as a dslr, but it is definitely an improvement over its predecessor.

rcerick

Got mine yesterday. First Fuji, but so far it is very impressive and is living up to the reviews. Shooting jpegs only now, as I'm waiting for Apple to support its RAW files in Aperture. It feels like a mini M9 in many ways, but it's more sophisticated.

Nathan W. Lediard

6shot stitch from about halfway down our local ski slope looking east... I live about 7 km as the crow flies, up the valley... (can see my house at 100%)
I used the release candidate 4.4, seems to do a much better job on shots like this :)

Xpro1 and the 35mm

Nathan W. Lediard

Tried out the "motor-drive" (yea, showing my age) today... put together a very quick pano from the resulting shots.. done on my MBP retina with the touchpad so not exactly accurate, just some fun :)

monk

Got my X100s in Singapore and the firmware is still version 1.00. I haven't experienced slow focusing. Even in low light and wide open it finds and locks focus lickety-split. Now that I've read the FujiX Forum discussion I'm going to hold on to this firmware version until Fujifilm addresses the issue. That seems to be one of their strengths, that the company listens to feedback and takes steps to resolve with firmware upgrades. Let's see what happens. I'm curious that David Hobby and Zack Arias and other bloggers claim it as their favorite camera but Kirk Tuck and Michael Wong and DPreview all say it suffers from soft focus. We'll see. The X100 had issues until Fuji got it right; maybe this will be the same?

To be fair, Kirk is just referencing DPR.

I sold my X100 ages ago but am borrowing a friend's today. I will be doing some real world comparisons with it and the S (and the X-Pro) when it arrives later this week.

Picked up the X100s while in Japan ,it's an amazing little camera .
Not having used the X100 I can't really comment on any of the differences between the two ... what I can do is compare this camera to the M8 (which is one my favorite cameras )...but I won't :)
Here are a few images from the past few days with the camera .

Raw Files if anyone is interested ....
Thanks for the RAW files. These feel exactly like X-Pro files. Excellent!

I was getting worried with all this nonsense about soft focus. They must be shooting super close subjects.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Crap I just sold the Nex 7 and bought the Fuji. I really am a sick person. Okay time to open the box and figure this one out. I may need help, than again I may need a lot of different kinds of help too. Lol

Nothing too exciting here. Just getting a feel for the camera. So far, so good. A nice evolution of the X100 with so many needed improvements.

Colors in JPEG are nearly the same as the X100 while the RAW files are a tad warmer and need to be adjusted down if you want to retain that cool blue green Fuji look. Like the X-Pro, I think I'll be shooting this in JPEG as it is just too easy to get great results, smaller files, quicker editing and still plenty of headroom to play with.

With the WCL-X100 wide angle converter - nice and crispy

Back to the 23mm

ISO 1250 dim room, heavy backlit. Some grain added in post.