The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

raist3d

All these images are resize-downs of Fuji JPEGS on the X-T10. I find the new JPEG engine is pretty good at keeping not only tone but detail.

- Ricardo

Fun With the XT1 and the Night Sky In Texas

Another Night Under The Stars
The photo below was taken on August 13 near Silverton, Texas. I was hoping for some meteors to show up from the Perseid Meteor Shower but they never made an appearance. Instead, I captured the Milky Way over this old wind mill. The lights in the distance are from the red warning lights of a wind farm that extends for miles across the open plains. The cooler lights to the right in the photo are from the lights of the small town of Silverton, Texas.

While some might think these earth bound lights add to the photo, they are wrong. It is a clear example of what light pollution does. It hides the heavens from our sight. What's more appealing, the stars and planets or the glow of a small town? I'll take the stars. The wind was blowing so there is a bit of blur to the terrestrial objects. It was almost midnight and the temperature had dropped from 100 to a cool 90 degrees. Another peaceful night out in west Texas.

Fuji X-T1 18-55mm Lens at ISO 2500 25sec exposure

David Schneider

05w 1080 DSCF1014 ret4 full.jpg04w 1080 DSCF0900 ret 1.jpg03w 1080 DSCF0942 ret v2.jpg02w 1080 SCF0957 ret 2.jpg01w 1080 DSCF0630 ret bw.jpg

Ten day old baby and new parents.
XE2. First three with Nikon Series E 100mm f2.8. It's a bit soft at f2.8-3.5, yet has old film feel. Last two 18-55mm.

Sapphie

X-Pro 1 image using latest Iridient - Classic Chrome

X-Pro 1 image using latest Iridient - Classic Chrome

Lee

Last edited:

MCTuomey

A fine place to spend some time, Cadieux Café, on the east side of Detroit. Reflecting Detroit's French heritage and founded by Belgian cyclists decades ago, serves steamed mussels, baguettes, good beer, and books excellent local players, like Planet D Nonet, performing their annual Sun Ra repertoire to a full house:

20150816a-021-web-2 by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

20150816a-137-web-2 by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

20150816a-099-web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

20150816a-101-web-2 by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

20150816a-055-web-2 by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

Fuji X-T1 56/1.2 var iso