The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

darr

Line of Sight

St. Marks Lighthouse, Florida: X-Pro2 + XC50-230/5.6-7

--

I hope everyone and their loved ones are doing well.
Some absolutely inspiring work in this thread; "thank you!"

Kind regards,
Darr

scho

Another walk through my favorite, downtown Ithaca, eclectic neighborhood on Cascadilla Creek. Fujifilm X100V.

Nice sunflowers along street at beginning of walk

Beautiful gate in front of this house. Very similar to a gate I saw recently in Aurora at MacKenzie-Childs.

Moving down the street in front of the "Duck Lady"'s house. New sign and it appears she also has some new furry clients.

Across the street above the creek a few of her regulars are patiently waiting.

The rest of the flock cooling off in the creek.

pegelli

I'm not sure what you mean Bart. The sunflower image was an off center crop.
I think he means the artifacts just right of center near the lower edge. The bush behind and the edge of the leaf look "strange" there. There's a few more smaller strange zones as well if you look carefully.

Knorp

I think he means the artifacts just right of center near the lower edge. The bush behind and the edge of the leaf look "strange" there. There's a few more smaller strange zones as well if you look carefully.
Look carefully ? Even without glasses I could see this ... :rolleyes:
Sorry Carl, but there's definitely something 'strange' going on in that first picture.

Krgds.

scho

OK, I see now the strange areas. This image was sharpened in a recently updated version of Topaz Sharpen AI, before they took it down and quickly issued another update. It was doing other strange things as well. I will re-do this image.

scho

Here is the same crop before sharpening in Topaz Sharpen AI. Just used some light capture sharpening in this version. Topaz has recently been updating Sharpen AI quite frequently, so I'll have to be careful and check the files carefully after updates. Thanks for catching this issue.

scho

We were walking on the Ithaca College campus this afternoon and came upon this injured red tail hawk (juvenile) lying on the lawn next to the walk. Contacted the Raptor Recovery center for them to come up and pick it up for rehab. Fujifilm X100V.

View towards Cayuga Lake from the empty fountain pool next to the theatre. The campus will remain closed for the fall semester.

Last edited: