The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

pegelli

Works great all these 3D cloudscapes Will. I can't cross my eyes enough to view them unaided but with a small Loreo viewer it all comes to life.

I assume the pairs are just sequential shots and the distance the plane flies in the time between the shots provides the separation between left and right. Or are there any other techniques at work?

Shashin

Works great all these 3D cloudscapes Will. I can't cross my eyes enough to view them unaided but with a small Loreo viewer it all comes to life.

I assume the pairs are just sequential shots and the distance the plane flies in the time between the shots provides the separation between left and right. Or are there any other techniques at work?
Thank you. I am also enjoying looking at stereo photographs--there just seem to be something rich about them. What also surprises me is how deceptive a single frame can be in describing the separation of features.

And yes, it is simply a matter of taking two image in sequence and the distance the plane travels between exposures is enough. The tricky part is a) finding a clean window and b) keeping the framing consistent enough between frames (harder than it sounds as the plane is never perfectly steady and the scene does move faster than you realize). There are other limitations like if the foreground gets too close, like just being above a layer of clouds, that the eye can't really deal with that much depth information. But I have found it fun to play with on a flight--how many superhero movies can I watch in one lifetime?

I also like the window seat. This gives a view of the world that most people in human history have never been able to experience (I guess I could say the same thing about superhero movies, but then I don't have to be in a plane to watch them).

scho

Felt like fall today. A few snaps with the X100V at the local marina.

Eco tour boat on Cayuga Lake.

A grandson gets to pilot the boat back into the marina.

Grungy old marina workboat.

Last edited:

biglouis

I've been using the X-H1 recently for wildlife subjects. Don't know why. Just wanted to give it a whirl. I'm getting great results. The only drawback is that the AF seems a lot less snappy than the X-T3 and there are function (e.g. Pre-Shot AF) missing. I have always preferred the shutter of the X-H1, I can shoot on mechanical without scaring the birds. This is with the XF100-400: Juvenile Starling.

_DSF1261-Edit.jpg

Thorkil

PS. How come one can only post a picture below 1Mb?, as my above
And how come the picture before I log in is just very tiny?
While others are big as they remain, before and after I log in.
Best Thorkil