The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Bugleone

No,..there's no aperture ring (mores the pity!....I'm very used to aperture rings!)...it's the 18-55 XF and I only have the one fuji lens as yet. When I set to the 'iris' symbol the v/f reads f4 and this is apparently unchangeable...... When set to 'A' I can change aperture using back button but it is a pig to keep on f8 and always reverts to 'f5' when camera is turned on......

AlanS

It should stay at whatever aperture you set it at. All my lens have rings so not sure why yours is resetting when you switch off.

AlanS

Just had a thought, is there an unmarked ring where you would expect the aperture ring to be? If so just turn it untill the aperture is correct in the viewfinder. The lens has a variable aperture so they can't mark the lens ring.

Bugleone

Thanks for trying to help!.......there's no white ring or other aperture control on 18-55, as far as I can see. It's annoying because manual aperture is about the only thing that's a 'must have' for me. I've got shutter dial on 'A' but the aperture is obviously auto-adjusting as well......the dog shot was supposed to be on f8 for max depth of field,....I just about got what i wanted but the fie shows it was f7.1.....!!?

AlanS

It is a totally unmarked ring, just try turning it. (and put the switch to the aperture sign not A)

Bugleone

Oh yes!...that's it!!............I feel a complete idiot now! I've spent hours with the bloody book!.......thought that knurling was just to grip the lens....Thanks again!

.......Yes, that's it!.........fully manual aperture now!....stays on f8 even when using on/off