The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scho

Checking up on the Osprey family on Fall Creek. They seem to be healthy and one of the two chicks is testing his wings.

A little further downstream at the Cormorant rookery they also seem to be well fed.

A purple martin at the duck pond.

First monarch I've seen this year, on some JoePye weed.

Fujifilm X-S10 XF 70-300 + 1.4x TC

Arjuna

A purple martin at the duck pond.

Carl

In this picture of the purple martin, I see patches with a very weird patterned noise, above the bird and slightly right, and below the bird and slightly left. Were you aware of them? Are they an artifact from some part of your processing? Something on your lens? I don't see them in your other pictures in that post. Just curious.

Ross

scho

Ross,

They are processing artifacts from Denoise AI. Seems like very other update bugs creep in.

Carl

Knorp

Not sure what to think of this shot, Louis. The plane of focus is not on the birds and also weird soft spots surrounding them.

biglouis

Not sure what to think of this shot, Louis. The plane of focus is not on the birds and also weird soft spots surrounding them.
Yes, I see that now. Not sure I agree about the plane of focus but the post processing has turned the bubbles caught in the water behind the bird into strange artefacts. I did use Topaz Sharpen on the image which I normally find does a good job on both colour noise and 'pop' but in this case it has definitely done something weird to the background which I didn't notice until you pointed it out.

That said, it is getting a lot of positive comments in a couple of the FB wildlife sites I have posted it. 99% of the viewing public see two pretty birds and their reflections, the other 1% - photographers - see the problems!

Thanks for point it out - I'll try an alternative process to try and sharpen the birds but leave the background in its original bokeh-state.

LouisB