The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

spb

Staff member
Had some fun with the XF200 for the first time in a couple of months. Egyptian Geese, very colourful and a bit different than the ubiquitous Canada Geese, on the Regents Canal, in Camden Town, London (England). X-T4, XF200f2+TC1.4x.

View attachment 188237
What a wonderful pose for you to shoot. Great shot, with a great lens!

Bugleone

Brilliant Louis!....These repay careful study,....the magpie wings now explained why they are so 'flashy'....the flight feathers are two-tone! The gull beaks are open, presumably for increased air intake, otherwise they are very aeorodynamic, undercarriage neatly stowed!

biglouis

Brilliant Louis!....These repay careful study,....the magpie wings now explained why they are so 'flashy'....the flight feathers are two-tone! The gull beaks are open, presumably for increased air intake, otherwise they are very aeorodynamic, undercarriage neatly stowed!
Thanks! Gulls are so common that people don't always appreciate what consummate flyers, they are. I think the beak is open in this photo because the gull is squawking a warning signal to its chick who was also flying around - not that a Magpie could do it much danger. I have seen a lot of activity between gulls and their chicks - in this case the juvenile in the second photo - and to me there appears to be a strong maternal instinct. Of course, all this could explain why there are so many because they breed and nurture so successfully and being excellent flyers they can get to food more easily.

The 'gull wing' is of course the basis for many aircraft designs, as well.

LouisB

Shashin

My wife and I took up a new hobby this summer--target archery. That is our local public range. It gets us out of the house several times a week. For scale, the spotting scope is 18 m (20 yards) from a 40 cm target. This lane lets us shoot up to 45 m or 50 yards. (The good news? After doing photography, archery seem down right cheap and, if you decide you don't like archery, you at least have a nice piece of gear for your zombie apocalypse survival kit (there are so few win-wins today!))

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

My wife and I took up a new hobby this summer--target archery. That is our local public range. It gets us out of the house several times a week. For scale, the spotting scope is 18 m (20 yards) from a 40 cm target. This lane lets us shoot up to 45 m or 50 yards. (The good news? After doing photography, archery seem down right cheap and, if you decide you don't like archery, you at least have a nice piece of gear for your zombie apocalypse survival kit (there are so few win-wins today!))
The guy who taught me archery was a Green Beret sniper in his youth. Their spotting scope for sniper practice was an 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain :oops: .

Shashin

The guy who taught me archery was a Green Beret sniper in his youth. Their spotting scope for sniper practice was an 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain :oops: .
That's not happenin'. If I used that, I would just lose my arrows... Spatially, my average works out OK, the variance is the problem...

Last edited:

biglouis

XT4, XF100-400, A grey heron dives from its perch on the refurbished iconic Coal Office chimney in the former Kings Cross Station, London, goods yard with the new build offices of Pancras Square in the background. The bird is aiming for the Camley Street Natural Park which is on the opposite side of the Regents Canal. It must be an amazing sight for workers in the offices to look out of their window and see such a large bird flapping around the area.
_DSF3798.jpg

archiM44

XT4, XF100-400, A grey heron dives from its perch on the refurbished iconic Coal Office chimney in the former Kings Cross Station, London, goods yard with the new build offices of Pancras Square in the background. The bird is aiming for the Camley Street Natural Park which is on the opposite side of the Regents Canal. It must be an amazing sight for workers in the offices to look out of their window and see such a large bird flapping around the area.
View attachment 189181
masterly