The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Shashin

The National Christmas Tree in Washington, DC

I have not been posting for a while. I have been a bit uninspired of late. It happens, as I am sure many of you know. I am looking forward to the next year and hopefully contributing more.

Last edited:

biglouis

This is a sort-of 'fun with Fuji cameras after you have taken the shot' post. I decided to get one of my favourite photographs of the garden fox printed, taken last December about 20 minutes after sunset in beautiful soft twilight. I had to handhold the camera at 1/125 f2 (I was using the X-T4+XF200f2) and the iso floated up to 3200. Thank goodness for IBIS+OIS to create a rock steady, sharp image. Focus was on the left eye and the fox was so close that the depth of field is minimal across the eyes and bridge of the nose. I had the print manufactured by Whitewall in Germany (I have no association with them) and it is Fuji crystal stock mounted on aluminium and is 24x16 inches (sorry, I still have not gone metric and will probably die still using imperial!). Taken with my smartphone, which hasn't done a great job but I think you get the overall intention.
IMG_20220111_222004.jpg

ptomsu

Workshop Member
This is a sort-of 'fun with Fuji cameras after you have taken the shot' post. I decided to get one of my favourite photographs of the garden fox printed, taken last December about 20 minutes after sunset in beautiful soft twilight. I had to handhold the camera at 1/125 f2 (I was using the X-T4+XF200f2) and the iso floated up to 3200. Thank goodness for IBIS+OIS to create a rock steady, sharp image. Focus was on the left eye and the fox was so close that the depth of field is minimal across the eyes and bridge of the nose. I had the print manufactured by Whitewall in Germany (I have no association with them) and it is Fuji crystal stock mounted on aluminium and is 24x16 inches (sorry, I still have not gone metric and will probably die still using imperial!). Taken with my smartphone, which hasn't done a great job but I think you get the overall intention.
View attachment 190902
Absolutely beautiful!

I also have all my prints and photobooks done by Whitewall and have never been disappointed (y) 😀(y)