The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the GFX 50R

scho

Just a test shot with another old Canon lens (135/2 L) on the 50R. Some minor corner vignetting that could be easily corrected if desired. Some bokeh balls have elliptical shape in this shot. Good sharpness wide open. Autofocus performance is fine using a Kipon AF adapter.

scho

A few more images from a walk today at the local marina with the GFX 50r and Canon 135/2 L. First two wide open and last at f/5.6/

gurtch

Several of our Condo Owners rent their units out in summer. It is so nice (and encouraging) to see families trying to enjoy their vacation during this damn pandemic. Here is a family crabbing at the end of our pier. GFX 50R.
Dave in NJ

D843 framed.jpg

scho

We took drive up along the east shore of Cayuga Lake to the village of Aurora, home of Wells College and MacKenzie-Childs. A few snaps below from the 50R with GF 50/3.5 at MacKenzie-Childs. As you walk around the property on the brick road you may get the feeling of being transported to the land of Oz.

Last edited:

scho

Trying an old Contax C/Y Zeiss Sonnar 180mm f/2.8 on the 50R. I didn't have a C/Y-G adapter so just coupled C/Y-LM and LM-G adapters. Some corner vignetting, but otherwise OK. This shot at f/4.

ASA32

Just received a Novoflex Canon FD lens > GFX camera adapter, and gave it a whirl with my Canon New FD 200mm f/4 Macro lens and GFX 50 R. Test shot of Squash Blossom .5 sec. @ f/32, ISO 100. Some vignetting with hood extended, eliminated by cropping.

Attachments

scho

Still playing with my old Contax C/Y lenses on the 50R. Shot below was handheld with the Contax C/Y 180/2.8 Sonnar + C/Y 1.4x Mutar III.

Female hummer working some Canna blossoms.

Right next to the Cannas is a trumpet vine with clusters of blossoms that she ignored (too deep for her to reach the nectar?}
Contax C/Y 28/2.8 Distagon on the 50R

scho

Checking out my old Hasselblad 40/4 CF FLE Distagon on the Cambo Actus with the 50R. Two stitched shots for each image using lateral shift and rise/fall on the Actus. All at ISO 1600 and f/11.

ASA32

Another example of a Canon FD lens adapted to GFX 50 R camera, here is one from a Canon New FD 135mm f/2, straight from camera, no Lightroom adjustments, 1/240 sec. @ f/4, ISO 400. Very slight vignetting. (My aging Aussie, Tucker, a willing subject.) In tests so far, focal lengths of 85mm and longer produce less vignetting or vignetting easily correctible in post-processing. Novoflex adapter. Hand-held.

_200815_1645_045.jpg
by ASA 32, on Flickr

Last edited:

ASA32

Another sample image from the Canon New FD 300mm f/4 L adapted to the GFX 50 R. Novoflex adapter, tripod, 25mm extension tube, 1/25 sec. at f/8 ISO 800. Gray Catbird. Cropped to eliminate vignetting.

_200817_1337_022.jpg
by ASA 32, on Flickr

ASA32

After testing out several Canon FD lenses with the GFX 50 R, the most usable are the 85 f/1.8, 100 f/2, 135 f/2, 200 f/4 Macro, and 300 f/4 L. For everyday, I'll continue using the GF 63 f/2.8, but for special situations, the adapted Canon FD lenses seem fine to my eye. Curious to know others' impressions. Thanks.

scho

Tourist season, Lower Treman Park at Enfield falls. Fujifilm GFX 50R with GF 50/3.5. Very few people wearing masks and no social distancing. Good example of how not to behave during a pandemic.

Same place back in mid March