The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the GFX 50R

scho

Dry Buttermilk Falls. Dam boards for swimming hole still in place, but I think that they are ready to button up for the season. 50R with Canon 24/3.5 TSE in Viltrox adapter.

scho

Houston Pond at the Cornell Newman Arboretum. GFX 50R with GF 50/3.5. 3 shot panorama.

Goldfish and a painted turtle. Note the goldfish head on top of lilypad. Probably snapped off by the turtle.

DougDolde

Shooting into the sun with the GFX-50R and 50mm lens. I had to set the exposure compensation to -3 to keep the highlights from clipping. It's amazing how you can just watch the real time histogram and see exactly where the clipping ends. The very dark foreground was easily brought up with a linear gradient and a bit of shadow recovery. Great dynamic range
This is the Cholla Garden in Joshua Tree NP my favorite place to be at dusk

Attachments

scho

We had a bout of cabin fever so took a short drive over to Watkins Glen on Seneca Lake this afternoon. Quite a few end of season tourists in town so we did not stay long. This is the town pier at the south end of Seneca Lake. I was hoping that the schooner True Love would be in port so I could get some shots, but no go today. Fuji GFX 50R with the GF 50/3.5.

scho

A few detail shots from a 2 block wall mosaic created by local artists and children from broken glass and pottery donated by Ithaca residents. Fuji 50R with 7Artisans 28/1.4 in Fotodiox adapter.

Three shots stitched in LR Photomerge.

Single frame.

In-camera BW, Acros with yellow filter, shot 1:1 mode.

scho

Dryden Lake, a small lake about 30 min drive from Ithaca. I used to take the children here to fish for perch and pickerel from our canoe and ice fishing in the winter. GFX 50R GF 50/3.5.

A little color starting to show in the surrounding hills.

scho

Red Hibiscus brought in from the cold a couple of days ago and starting blossoming again. GFX 50R with Hasselblad CF 180/4 in Fotodiox adapter.

scho

A couple more two shot stitched panos using the GFX 50R with the Fotodiox adapter for HB V lenses to Fujifilm G mount. This time I was using the CF 80/2.8 Planar.

A holocaust memorial site in the Cornell Newman Arboretum. Basically a circular plot with 4 massive boulders, three are drilled out to provide space for trees growing through the center of the boulders.

The pergola and cross walk on Houston Pond at Newman Arboretum.

Last edited:

biglouis

Another shot from the Arboretum using the GFX 50R with Hasselblad CF 80/2.8 Planar. Interesting range of colors developing in the trees this fall.

Beautiful colours, Carl. What adaptor are you using for the 80/2.8?

LouisB