The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Godfrey

Here's another little set of 907x + XCD 45P photos. I made these on a walk somewhere between the middle May and the beginning of June date (just before I hurt my shoulder ... aargh).

Remove Wrikles - Santa Clara 2020

Pool - Santa Clara 2020

Corner and Wall - Santa Clara 2020

Chalk Art - Santa Clara 2020

No Soliciting - Santa Clara 2020

Tree Bark #193 - Santa Clara 2020

Fence with Rotten Picket - Santa Clara 2020

Enjoy!

G

SrMphoto

Really like the 907x. It is more convenient to use on a tripod than the X1DII.

907x + XCD 120mm @ f/8.0 (focus stack of 64 images)

BLS.jpg

tcdeveau

Really like the 907x. It is more convenient to use on a tripod than the X1DII.

907x + XCD 120mm @ f/8.0 (focus stack of 64 images)

View attachment 150501
Definitely agree. On a tripod, I've found I also prefer the 907x as it gives better access to the remote port and the memory card slots than the X1D with an L-bracket in place.

For my own uses, handheld is a different story though and I prefer the X1D handheld.

nathantw

Arctic Valley, Alaska.

Shot with

907x CFV II 50c + 80mm F1.9 / 21mm F4.0

Snow in May is pretty normal in Alaska. Slopes are empty due to the Pandemic. Stay strong everyone !
Arctic Valley was where I learned to ski. I had never done it before and my friends put skis on me and showed me how to stop, then they took off and let me fend for myself. The tow rope was terrible because I kept falling. Little kids thought I was such a novice. LOL It was nice to see photos of the place I hadn't set eyes on for about 40 years. Thanks!

On a different note, I just saw a CFV II 50c and 907x in stock on the big online store. I clicked out of it and then went back not more than 5 minutes later and it suddenly became out of stock! Argh! I always said that if you see something you really want, get it right then and there or it might disappear. The proof is in the pudding.

Godfrey

Some nice new work being posted! Thank you!

I've not been out shooting with the 907x for a few weeks (at least!), but still have some photos to post from it. I'll get to them soon.

However, I was looking for something in a drawer and came upon a couple of old converter lenses from an Olympus E-10/20: A WCON-08b and TCON-14b. They have a 62mm threaded fitting, same size as the XCD 45P lens, so for a goof I fitted them and took a couple of test photos.

They were designed for a MUCH smaller sensor (5/8" IIRC) camera so I didn't really think they'd be great on the 907x, but they do provide a not-so-useful additional wide increment and a slightly-more-useful tele increment in FoV change, and they're quite sharp on center and out to about the 1/4-in mark on the frame. The effect of their blurring is interesting too.

I'll likely never do anything with them, but it's fun to try things and see what I get. :)

G

spb

The XCD 45mm f/4 P lens Hasselblad doesn't offer a lens hood for the 45P, which I think is just wrong, so I've ordered a B+W metal hood for wide lenses—suitable for 28-45mm on FF sensor—in 62mm thread. This table compares the AoV range that the hood was designed for and the H, V, and D AoV values for the Planar 80 on 6x6 and the 45P on 33x33 and 33x44 formats.
G
Godfrey what's the exact name of the Hood. I am having difficulty to find a place to order it in Switzerland, so the proper name of it would help me.

Thanks,

Stephen

cgastelum

After much trading, selling, bartering, getting scammed and asking my wife for a bailout. My kit is here:

Alpa + Hasselblad by Arq. Carlos Gastelum, on Flickr

Can't wait to go out to shoot so I can share actual shots from this camera/s.

Now to get rid of the rest of my GFX system so I can get more xcd goodness or maybe a wider ALPA lens.

spb

Thanks everyone for this thread. Gives me ideas and makes me look forward to receiving my chrome 907.

onasj

Beautiful set up! I especially like the OVF on your ALPA—if I’m not mistaken, than looks like the OVF from the Polaroid 600se 75/5.6 lens. Classic. Two questions:

1) Can you explain why you decided to move from the GFX system to the HX/XCD system?

2) Is your film in the photo back usable with this setup? Do you use it on the ALPA body?

After much trading, selling, bartering, getting scammed and asking my wife for a bailout. My kit is here:

Now to get rid of the rest of my GFX system so I can get more xcd goodness or maybe a wider ALPA lens.

Godfrey

That looks to be a lovely setup! Enjoy, can't wait to see some photos! :)

G

Godfrey

Beautiful set up! I especially like the OVF on your ALPA—if I’m not mistaken, than looks like the OVF from the Polaroid 600se 75/5.6 lens. Classic. Two questions:

1) Can you explain why you decided to move from the GFX system to the HX/XCD system?

2) Is your film back in the photo usable with this setup? Do you use it on the ALPA body?
(bolded) The A12 back cannot be used with the 907x body; it (and the CFVII 50c) is perfectly usable with the ALPA technical camera.

G

Godfrey

No new photos to share just yet from me, it's been a bit of a dry spell as I have gone through some medical shenanigans in recent weeks. That's all coming to and end now: I'll soon be out there with the 907x again. :thumbup:

To that end, I was playing with my Fotodiox Pro Leica R to X lens adapter this morning, fooling with an Elmarit-R 28mm f/2.8, Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4, and Summicron-R 90mm f/2. Cropped to square (and with the lens hood removed from the 28mm), all three perform very nicely and just about exactly replicate my Hasselblad 500CM kit with 50, 80, and 150mm lenses in terms of FoV, while being a lot more compact. I found this pretty amusing... But then, I'm easily amused right now. :D

I can do a similar trio with the Color Skopar 28mm, Summicron-M 50mm, and M-Rokkor 90mm that is even a little more compact, but I the R lenses image a little more evenly on the CFVII 50c sensor. Fooling with the 90mm f/2 reinforces that I'd like that XCD 80mm f/1.9 too.

Anyway, these lenses make a compact and light weight walking kit with the 907x body and a travel tripod. Possibilities...

G

To that end, I was playing with my Fotodiox Pro Leica R to X lens adapter this morning, fooling with an Elmarit-R 28mm f/2.8, Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4, and Summicron-R 90mm f/2. Cropped to square (and with the lens hood removed from the 28mm), all three perform very nicely and just about exactly replicate my Hasselblad 500CM kit with 50, 80, and 150mm lenses in terms of FoV, while being a lot more compact. I found this pretty amusing... But then, I'm easily amused right now. :D

I can do a similar trio with the Color Skopar 28mm, Summicron-M 50mm, and M-Rokkor 90mm that is even a little more compact, but I the R lenses image a little more evenly on the CFVII 50c sensor. Fooling with the 90mm f/2 reinforces that I'd like that XCD 80mm f/1.9 too.
Godfrey, do you generally recommend to use those lenses in 3:2 and 1:1 crop mode on the CFV II?