The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Godfrey

That's a cool car, I had one but not HF version.
Its a cutie. Have known this car for the past 15 years in Chicago... along with a few others of the marque - not to take us too far OT. :)
Thanks!

It's not a full HF Fulvia Coupe, but it's been fitted with a 1.3L engine, alloy bonnet, and HF alloy wheels (I think the full HF model has alloy doors and trunk lid too, as well as maybe perspex side glass), and the HF steering wheel is going in soon as well. The HF decals and badging were added on its restoration repaint about 2005 or so, according to the records I got with the car. I'm in the process of doing some further restoration/refurbishment work on the interior and to some of the mechanicals (electronic ignition, electric fuel pump, etc), bring it up to spec for the modern day and reduce maintenance needs. It's a sweetheart to drive.

btw: Very nice to meet you online, Geoff! :)

Getting back to the photography ... I looked through the whole set I made the other morning a second time. The 907x/CFVII 50c is remarkable in how broad the capture dynamic range is! A couple of these photos would have been hopeless with any of my other cameras because the sunlight that was striking the car varies and plunged one side into absolute black and burned out the highlights, but with this camera the entire range was captured pretty nicely—I can make good prints out of half of my exposures!

Now to take the car out on a good morning or evening to a nicer setting and do some real beauty shots... :D

G

spb

Staff member
Thanks!

It's not a full HF Fulvia Coupe, but it's been fitted with a 1.3L engine, alloy bonnet, and HF alloy wheels (I think the full HF model has alloy doors and trunk lid too, as well as maybe perspex side glass), and the HF steering wheel is going in soon as well. The HF decals and badging were added on its restoration repaint about 2005 or so, according to the records I got with the car. I'm in the process of doing some further restoration/refurbishment work on the interior and to some of the mechanicals (electronic ignition, electric fuel pump, etc), bring it up to spec for the modern day and reduce maintenance needs. It's a sweetheart to drive.

btw: Very nice to meet you online, Geoff! :)

Getting back to the photography ... I looked through the whole set I made the other morning a second time. The 907x/CFVII 50c is remarkable in how broad the capture dynamic range is! A couple of these photos would have been hopeless with any of my other cameras because the sunlight that was striking the car varies and plunged one side into absolute black and burned out the highlights, but with this camera the entire range was captured pretty nicely—I can make good prints out of half of my exposures!

Now to take the car out on a good morning or evening to a nicer setting and do some real beauty shots... :D

G
Agreed they were beautiful to drive, I had the Fulvia 1.3S, silver with red leather seats. Very nice car I wish I had room to have kept it.

Godfrey

Regards my Fulvia

A straight side shot would be great
Not with the Hasselblad, but I was at the shop on Thursday just before they put the halogen headlamps in ... snapped a nice side shot for you:

Fulvia, Almost Ready #1
iPhone 11 Pro, Moment camera app
raw capture, processed in LR Classic

I've removed the driving lights and fitted halogen headlamp upgrades, now it matches the way they were outfitted (properly) in Italy. With those headlamps, the driving lights are unnecessary for the street and I think it looks cleaner without them, particularly sans bumpers the way I have this one set up. :D

Fulvia, Almost Ready #2

Fulvia, Almost Ready #3

The upgraded headlamps were fitted that day and I took it home. Ahhhh! :D

Next I'll do some proper beauty shots with the Hasselblad ... the color and tonality are soooo much nicer that way! ;)

enjoy! G

spb

Staff member
Regards my Fulvia

Not with the Hasselblad, but I was at the shop on Thursday just before they put the halogen headlamps in ... snapped a nice side shot for you:

Fulvia, Almost Ready #1
iPhone 11 Pro, Moment camera app
raw capture, processed in LR Classic

I've removed the driving lights and fitted halogen headlamp upgrades, now it matches the way they were outfitted (properly) in Italy. With those headlamps, the driving lights are unnecessary for the street and I think it looks cleaner without them, particularly sans bumpers the way I have this one set up. :D

Fulvia, Almost Ready #2

Fulvia, Almost Ready #3

The upgraded headlamps were fitted that day and I took it home. Ahhhh! :D

Next I'll do some proper beauty shots with the Hasselblad ... the color and tonality are soooo much nicer that way! ;)

enjoy! G
Looking good G - still a lovely practical shape with good all round vision.

Godfrey

Thank you!

Oh yeah: here's the dashboard with the Rally steering wheel installed. I was out driving it yesterday...

1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe, Dashboard and Rally Steering Wheel - Santa Clara 2021
iPhone 11 Pro, ultra-wide camera rendered in SnapSeed

:D

enjoy! G

Vinyl_TO

Hello all, I’m new to the forum and have just jumped in on a 907x/CFV II 50c with 45p lens. I’m enjoying learning the new camera and lens. I’ve never been strong at composing with a 35mm lens (or equivalent) but for budget reasons landed with the 45p. I have a 501cm with and old Distagon f4 40mm lens and Planar f2.8 80mm C lens. I’ve not tried mounting the back on the 501 yet but look forward to trying it out.

Does anyone here have a recommendation for a good strap for the 907x? The Hasselblad supplies strap attaches very oddly with two loops on each side and one of the leather tabs that protects the body was defective and already broke. There must be a better option than the supplies strap. I don’t generally like straps but, given the price tag and ergonomics I want to be extra careful when out shooting landscapes.

B1C8AA1B-6544-448F-A917-8B1E3220B23B.jpeg

KlausJH

Does anyone here have a recommendation for a good strap for the 907x? The Hasselblad supplies strap attaches very oddly with two loops on each side and one of the leather tabs that protects the body was defective and already broke. There must be a better option than the supplies strap. I don’t generally like straps but, given the price tag and ergonomics I want to be extra careful when out shooting landscapes.
Congratulations. A 907x moved in our house a couple of days ago as well :). I found the same problem with the original strap and have bought a Peak Design Slide Light in silver grey. (32mm wide). It is easy to remove the strap, e.g. when using a tripod. On the other hand, it doesn't come off by accident. What I don't like so much is, the two anchors stay always on the camera and there are metal rings where you can adjust the length of the strap. These could leave scratches if you are not careful packing the camera with the strap attached in a bag.
Have fun!

FloatingLens

Artisan & Artist ACAM-312N (if you don't mind the expense...). Complements the haptics of the 907X beautifully.

Godfrey

I use the Peak Design Leash when I fit a neck strap to the 907x. The two anchor buttons are always on the camera but eh? they don't get in the way. I've got a Slide Lite strap too, but usually reserve that for when I need it to carry a bag rather than a camera ... I find it a bit too wide and cumbersome for a camera.

G

spb

Staff member
Congratulations. A 907x moved in our house a couple of days ago as well :). I found the same problem with the original strap and have bought a Peak Design Slide Light in silver grey. (32mm wide). It is easy to remove the strap, e.g. when using a tripod. On the other hand, it doesn't come off by accident. What I don't like so much is, the two anchors stay always on the camera and there are metal rings where you can adjust the length of the strap. These could leave scratches if you are not careful packing the camera with the strap attached in a bag.
Have fun!
So true about possibility of scratches with strap on. I always purposely moved the strap to be on the front of the lens side when putting in bag or simply removed it. In use the strap is great slung over the shoulders.

spb

Staff member
Artisan & Artist ACAM-312N (if you don't mind the expense...). Complements the haptics of the 907X beautifully.
I found those uncomfortable after awhile. Nicely made, looks good, but for me not comfortable.

spb

Staff member
Thank you!

Oh yeah: here's the dashboard with the Rally steering wheel installed. I was out driving it yesterday...

1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe, Dashboard and Rally Steering Wheel - Santa Clara 2021
iPhone 11 Pro, ultra-wide camera rendered in SnapSeed

:D

enjoy! G
The wheel is good, lovely dashboard. Very nice car to drive too.

Godfrey

The wheel is good, lovely dashboard. Very nice car to drive too.
Thank you! Phase two of the restoration is now beginning ... interior overhaul including seats, carpets, seat belts, and dashboard details.
It's running really nicely now. :)

G

Reactions: spb

spb

Staff member
Thank you! Phase two of the restoration is now beginning ... interior overhaul including seats, carpets, seat belts, and dashboard details.
It's running really nicely now. :)

G
Red leather seats in mine, I thought they looked super and were very comfortable.

Vinyl_TO

A few images trying the CFV II 50C on the back of a 501cm. It was about -10C and windy so I didn't end up pulling out my filter kit and tripod as I normally would. This was mostly an experiment for me as it was the first time out with the CFV in natural light with the 501cm. All images shot with the 80mm f2.8 C T*.

Attachments