The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

elm

How long does the battery last in the field per charge? Any recommendations on the number of batteries one should have on hand for a day's worth of being out and about? (I know that when it is cold, the length of the charge diminishes.)

I assume shooting with 907x + CFVII 50c might differ from 5xx + CFVII 50c?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and advice.

Godfrey

I've done up to about 170 exposures on a walk with only one fully-charged battery, and had plenty of juice left when I returned home (with the 907x). But I usually buy three batteries for any camera I'm going to use a lot anyway. Beyond that, well, it depends on what I discover using the camera.

G

Reactions: elm

spb

Staff member
That seems about what I expect from my current X1D II. So pretty good for a camera battery. I usually have use 3 batteries too. Depends entirely on what I am doing. At the classic car meeting I go to, I am expected to get a mix of shots and get as many different cars and bikes as possible on the day. I suspect I would use 2 and a half batteries in that time.

Reactions: elm

scho

A few images from my first walkabout with the 907x/50CII + 45/4p, all handheld (my wife said NO TRIPOD, we are walking!). Site is the short trail along Enfield Creek leading up to the lower falls below the gorge where the creek is dammed up to create a very popular summer swimming hole.

spb

Staff member
A few images from my first walkabout with the 907x/50CII + 45/4p, all handheld (my wife said NO TRIPOD, we are walking!). Site is the short trail along Enfield Creek leading up to the lower falls below the gorge where the creek is dammed up to create a very popular summer swimming hole.

/QUOTE]
Lovely colours and I just have to say it makes me look forward to receiving my 907x/50CII + 45/4P

Godfrey

Lovely photos, Carl!
There's a wonderful dimensionality fo the photos I see made with the 907x and 45P.

G

Vilpo

I use the CFV II 50c also with a Tech Camera (Silvestri Bicam III) and I find the electronic shutter very useful because you can use times not selectable in the prontor or copal. I also used the previous version of the back, but the liveview was much, much lower. Unfortunately I discovered a bug in Phocus that does not allow the use of scene calibration (lcc) which I hope Hasselblad will solve quickly, otherwise I can't work.
May I ask your experiences using CFV II 50c with SK35mm or SK45mm lenses? Is tech cam features shifting and tilting usable or do you easily end up colour cast and shift issues?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I use the CFV II 50c also with a Tech Camera (Silvestri Bicam III) and I find the electronic shutter very useful because you can use times not selectable in the prontor or copal. I also used the previous version of the back, but the liveview was much, much lower. Unfortunately I discovered a bug in Phocus that does not allow the use of scene calibration (lcc) which I hope Hasselblad will solve quickly, otherwise I can't work.
PHOCUS 3.5.3 is out and might solve the problem . I have this version installed but could not test by now .

JAB

Here is my first 907x/50c photo post. Focus stack of 15 images using the XCD45p. This is a white onion my wife planted.

I have a few more to post eventually, I have been without my camera since 9/24 due to sending it to Hasselblad because of the "No lens detected" issue. I really don't know when I'll have a 907x/50c again. It took a week for the camera to get to Hasselblad, then sat in the que with the technicians for a week. I've been told that there were a number of cameras ahead of mine. I can't say they were all 907x/50c. They are evaluating mine now. We'll see how long this takes and what happens.

White_Onion

spb

Staff member
We took a ride up the west shore of Cayuga Lake to our favorite winery at Sheldrake Point. Packed with tourists so we didn't stay for wine tasting. Images below from the 907x/50cii and XCD 45/4 p. All handheld.
Lovely images Carl.

Godfrey

That's lovely, Olaf! But what lens are you using? I don't see a Hasselblad XCD 50mm listed in any catalog of X system lenses.

Godfrey

Santa Clara is one of the older cities in Santa Clara Valley. Every so often you turn a corner and run into an older house, sometimes those houses might be more than a hundred years old. I don't know when this one was built, but it was a while ago and the house is on a corner across from a local historical house built in the late 1800s, so I'm presuming that it might be around the same age.

The Old House in the Trees - Santa Clara 2020
Hasselblad 907x + XCD 45mm f/4 P
ISO 100 @ f/5 @ 1/160

Half rez available if you click through to Flickr.com. :)

enjoy!
G