The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

scho

Three images from the 907x/50CII with XCD 45/4p. Cornell University Newman Arboretum at Houston Pond.

The pergola and pond crossing boardwalk. Note the small larch tree growing in the pond with the cattails.

Last edited:

steflaurent974

Another one, I own a Phase One P25+ which is still a very good digital back ; but I have to stay the colors and recovering from shadow and highlights are really impressive on the 907x sensor.
By the way this place is called the Devil Peak, it's a kind of very old lava in the sea ; it is in Reunion Island, Indian Ocean.
I have to thanks Godfrey here for sharing his thoughts and testing all these lenses !

B0000128.jpg

spb

Staff member
Three images from the 907x/50CII with XCD 45/4p. Cornell University Newman Arboretum at Houston Pond.

/QUOTE]
Carl, that last one in particular is so good it is like a painting fit for frame and wall. Very envious of that last one.

spb

Staff member
Carl your images are driving me nuts, waiting for my 907x/50CII XCD 45/4p......... this one of the Ivy, the colours are just superb!

scho

Thank you Stephen. I am sure that you will be delighted with this camera and the images it produces. Looking forward to viewing your work with the 907x soon.

usm

Maybe the wrong thread, but what kind of DAM software or workflow can handle .fff and dng files?
Wanna still using C1 for what was and Phocus for the fff but some where I have to organize them together.

JAB

The pergola and pond crossing boardwalk. Note the small larch tree growing in the pond with the cattails.

Wow! Love the fall colors! I'm stuck here in Southern California for the moment - fall colors are a bit scarce!! And there's clouds!! :ROFLMAO:

Charles2

Maybe the wrong thread, but what kind of DAM software or workflow can handle .fff and dng files?
Wanna still using C1 for what was and Phocus for the fff but some where I have to organize them together.
Would it serve your purpose if you start the .3fr file in Phocus which automatically creates the .fff, export a .tif, store the .fff in a repository folder, then import the .tif into LR and do the rest of the processing from there? In other words, how often do you think you would go back to the .fff for an alternative start?

usm

Would it serve your purpose if you start the .3fr file in Phocus which automatically creates the .fff, export a .tif, store the .fff in a repository folder, then import the .tif into LR and do the rest of the processing from there? In other words, how often do you think you would go back to the .fff for an alternative start?
That’s what I was thinking. I was also looking at photo mechanic, but no fff support.
I am on the way to change to a 907x. The only thing what keep me away are the fff files - no free choice of software.

MoJo

Registred Users
I'm still in the "play and learn" phase of ownership with the Hasselblad 907x. One amusing thought that came to me the other day was "What if I fit the Leica M to Hasselblad X adapter, and then stick the Skink Pinhole with Zone Plate f/71 disk on it?" I wondered how the Live View and electronic shutter would work.

I set the camera up and looked at the LCD. Hmm. ISO 3200 and I can only see things if I'm out in sunlight. Eshutter limited to 1 second exposures … Oh well, I'll just use Bulb. And, eh?, all the exposures are going to be several if not tens of seconds, let's just try hand-held… LOL!

So off I went around the condo looking at Things In Place… Most exposures were between 3 and 8 seconds, many were simply discarded, but I found six out of the bunch that I thought were amusing enough to show. And then I thought, "These are way too low-fi to present in a big image … they kinda look like Polaroid shots in a way … Hmm, I can use the Shake-It Photo app on the iPhone to work them into a Polaroid SX-70 frame …" So I did.

Click on photo to see the rest of the gallery - Six photos total.

Don't laugh at me too much. :)

enjoy!
G

"Only the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
These are actually quite wonderful!

SrMphoto

That’s what I was thinking. I was also looking at photo mechanic, but no fff support.
I am on the way to change to a 907x. The only thing what keep me away are the fff files - no free choice of software.
Since Photo Mechanic uses only embedded JPG, AFAIK, you may be better off using FastRawViewer instead.

spb

Staff member
...having some fun :)

QUOTE]
Interesting picture Olaf, the distance between the Control Grip and camera looks quite a lot in that image. I should imagine that feels wierd until one gets used to it. Particularly as the battery door opens rearwards.

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
This is exactly what I thought when I attached the grip but...it actually work beautifully because you can hug the grip with your fingers all around it. This way you can hold the camera with a lot of confidence. I like it a lot.