The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

glennedens

Dierk,

Beautiful shots - how are you mounting the Laowa 15mm shift onto the Hasselblad 907x?

Kind regards, Glenn

Hamburg Landungsbrücken

with 907X and Laowa 15mm f/4.5 W-Dreamer shift lens, hand held shifted

regards
Dierk

Godfrey

Beautiful shots - how are you mounting the Laowa 15mm shift onto the Hasselblad 907x?
how was it mounted on 907x please? Which adapter was used?
I'm not Dierk, but this lens is available in a variety of mounts. I'd buy the one in Leica L mount and use my existing Leica L -> Hasselblad X lens mount adapter with it, on the native 907x body. For the Combo, it depends on what lens mounting system component you have for that.

G

SrMphoto

I'm not Dierk, but this lens is available in a variety of mounts. I'd buy the one in Leica L mount and use my existing Leica L -> Hasselblad X lens mount adapter with it, on the native 907x body. For the Combo, it depends on what lens mounting system component you have for that.

G
Which Leica L -> Hasselblad X lens mount adapter do you recommend? Thanks!

Godfrey

Which Leica L -> Hasselblad X lens mount adapter do you recommend? Thanks!
Ah, I made a mistake, sorry! I forgot that my adapter is Leica R, not Leica L: I have the Fotodiox Pro adapter for Leica R to Hasselblad X at present, but I'm going to change that out for a Novoflex adapter (prefer to have one with a separable tripod mounting foot). I don't see a Novoflex Leica L to Hasselblad X adapter, so I'd buy the lens in Nikon F mount and use the Novoflex Nikon F to Hasselblad X mount adapter.

G

dierk

Dierk,

Kind regards, Glenn
I am sorry, Glenn, I missed your question
I have the Canon TS-E lenses 17mm and 24 mm and for these lenses I got the TECHART TCX-01 adapter from Canon FE to Hasselblad X.
Therefor I ordered the Laowa with Canon FE mount too.
For me it works fine, a tripod mount would be better, but it works like this. Laowa offers a separate tripod mount for the 15mm, if you need one.
I use the Laowa 15mm on the Cambo Actus too and there it is no problem.
The Laowa shift mechanics are much easier to use than the Canon shift.
Regards
Dierk

Last edited:

dierk

today I have been in Schloß Eutin, North Germany

all images with 907X and Laowa 15mm on tripod and stitch of two images shift left/right or up/down
with so much wide angle you get severe distortion of 90° corners close toe edge of the picture, for severe architecture photographs will will be too much

B0004982-Pano.jpg

B0004988-Pano.jpg

B0004990-Pano.jpg

shift up/down
B0004980-Pano.jpg

regards Dierk