The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

JoelM

Another freezing cold day today so a good day for catching up on some reading.

M10M, 50mm Noctilux f1 v4.
Oh, very nice. I have the Gunter Osterloh book, Leica M6 and another for lenses I believe. That's where I really started to learn a lot.
Joel

KeithDM

Scenes from a local walk on Friday afternoon.
Heading out.

Barn.

Marching across the countryside.

Bridge for farm vehicles etc over the M4 motorway.

Roadworks ahead!

Heading back.

All M10M with 50mm Noctilux f1 v4.

spb

Staff member
Trying out zone focussing or hyperfocal focussing I cannot remember which this is having read an article. I have never done this so am in 'learning'.
Manual Focus 2 metres at F8, 1/125th ISO 200, -0.30 EV. Nothing done in post.L1000209.jpg

Last edited:

D&A

My wife and I welcomed our second son into the world this past week so had to celebrate with a little champagne...of course I brought the M10M along :)
View attachment 181624
I'll add to Joe's comments "above", namely that if you haven't lost any of your hair, you soon will by the time they're 18 y.o. :) . Congratulations and best wishes on your new family addition!

Dave (D&A)

bensonga

How are you liking 50 APO Lanthar? I've been looking at them and have thought about getting one myself for my M10M....
I think the build quality of the APO Lanthar is very good and I’ve been happy with the few images I’ve taken with it thus far. I don’t have any modern Leica 50mm M lenses to compare it with, certainly not a 50 APO Summicron. I also have the Zeiss ZM 50/2 Planar and the 50/1.5 Sonnar which are very good lenses in their own right.

I showed it to a friend of mine recently who has a M10P and many modern Leica lenses (though not the 50 APO Summicron). He was impressed with the build quality of the APO Lanthar.

The price of the VC 50 APO Lanthar vs a APO Summicron made this easy decision for me, especially since 50mm is one of my favorite focal lengths. I would like to compare it with a standard 50mm Summicron someday, but it is unlikely that I will buy one. If I were to buy another 50 it will be the new VC 50/1.5 Nokton ASPH II MC.

Gary

Last edited: