The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Godfrey

I pulled out my cheap, old, Nikon F mount Sigma 600mm f/8 mirror lens, stuck it on the appropriate set of adapters, and hung the Leica M10 Monochrom off the back with the Visoflex 020 EVF fitted. Put in an Orange filter, set it on the tripod, and did a few test shots … a couple in the near field and a one across the church parking lot and up to the steeple:

Foliage #1 - Santa Clara 2022
Leica M10 Monochrom + Sigma 600mm f/8 Mirror Lens
Orange filter
ISO 160 @ f/8 @ 1/180

Fence Decoration - Santa Clara 2022
Orange filter
ISO 500 @ f/8 @ 1/125

Bird on a Church Steeple - Santa Clara 2022
Orange filter
ISO 640 @ f/8 @ 1/125

Foliage #2 - Santa Clara 2022
Orange filter
ISO 250 @ f/8 @ 1/125

Enjoy! G

Godfrey

Another fun set from lens testing ... I saw a review on the Lomography "Lomo LC-A Minitar Art Lens 32mm f/2.8" that piqued my curiosity. This is a small, light, inexpensive lens, same or similar, I believe, to what is fitted on the "infamous" Lomo 35mm compact camera, housed in a metal M-mount with rangefinder coupled focusing. It has a (cheap) simple diaphragm mechanism, and a similarly (cheap) click-stopped focusing lever. It makes the M4-2 or M10-M pretty small and light ... not so much so as the MS Optics Aporia 24mm f/2, nor is it up to the same build quality or optical quality, but then it's less than a quarter the price.

Anyway it piqued my curiosity and was cheap enough that I felt I should give it a try. I went out for two walks with it fitted to the M10-M and pulled together a little album of 19 photographs that I found interesting out of what I'd exposed.

One of them that I like a lot:

Condo Castle - Santa Clara 2022
Leica M10 Monochrom + Lomo LC-A Minitar 32mm f/2.8
ISO 160 @ f/4 @ 1/3000

Here's the gallery of 19 Minitar test photos...
Lomo LC-A Minitar Art Lens Test 2022 :: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAgkcQ

Enjoy! G

Godfrey

I continue my walks with camera and "oddball" lenses.

This time a rather rare beast: a Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Special. This lens has the same optics as the Pentax-FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited that I loved when I worked with Pentax cameras … it was one of the special lenses that I almost kept a Pentax DSLR body around just to be able to use. I discovered some years ago that Pentax had done a run of 2000 or so in Leica Thread Mount somewhere in the 1990s-early 2000s and started hunting. Most are way too expensive, still-in-the-box collectibles now, but I managed to find one without the special 40mm finder for an almost reasonable price… I mount it with a 35mm M-mount adapter and frame tightly. But let's walk and do pictures rather than gibble on gear. All on my walk in Santa Clara 2022.

Trees at Parking Lot
ISO 160 @ f/2.8 @ 1/1500

Frieze of Leaf
ISO 160 @ f/2.8 @ 1/250

Climbing Vine
ISO 800 @ f/4 @ 1/125

Fence, Bench, Slide
ISO 160 @ f/2.8 @ 1/1000

Cypress Afront Construction
ISO 160 @ f/4 @ 1/750

Canopy #1
ISO 400 @ f/4 @ 1/125

Canopy #2
ISO 250 @ f/4 @ 1/250

Roots
ISO 1250 @ f/4 @ 1/125

All: Leica M10 Monochrom + Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Special + Orange filter.

Enjoy! G

KeithDM

Out & about in the Dorset countryside today - brilliant sunshine & crystal clear skies. :) Just to try something different I set the in-camera jpg to sepia. Two examples below with subjects I thought might suit such treatment.
FarmSepia.jpg
BarnSepia.jpg
M10M, 28mm Elmarit-M ASPH v1