The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

biglouis

I know for a lot of people a lack of an EVF is a deal breaker and that is fine.

As you can see from my gallery, it has never been a drawback for me.

LouisB

I know for a lot of people a lack of an EVF is a deal breaker and that is fine.

As you can see from my gallery, it has never been a drawback for me.

LouisB
Have you tried the Clearviewer Louis?

I see you use that optical viewer for your wide angle. Don't you miss the info on the screen which the Clearviewer would provide and avoid the need for the hotshoe viewer?

Tony

biglouis

Have you tried the Clearviewer Louis?

I see you use that optical viewer for your wide angle. Don't you miss the info on the screen which the Clearviewer would provide and avoid the need for the hotshoe viewer?

Tony
I have a confession to make about the need to see info on the rear panel when photographing. I have U1 set to shutter 1/160 and aperture f5.6 and I rarely shoot at anything else, or if I know I have a lot of lack of light I may up/downtick aperture or shutter via the control wheels. I may adjust EV to taste with the rear rotating thingy. I also use the grid lines permanently on the display so even if it is hard to see detail I can frame the outline of what I am shooting.

I like the look of the Clearviewer but to be honest I have two of the hot shoe external viewfinders and I rarely use them, so I'd probably end up leaving a Clearviewer in the drawer.

Thanks for the tip.

LouisB

biglouis

Haven't looked through this thread for some time. Great stuff from this little magic camera.

Today, I visited the local fire station on an open-day. Decided to save my back and took only the Ricoh GRIII and the WA adapter. Got some nice shots, I think.

_R006134.jpg

_R006139.jpg

_R006141.jpg

_R006142.jpg
_R006145.jpg