The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Sigma fp and fp L

Grayhand

Hi Alan!

Yes, times fly all the time, mostly in the wrong direction :eek:

But all is rather good, I hope you too are doing well!

AlanS

Good to hear you are well and yes I am very well thanks. I hope we are going to see a little more of you here, we could do with more posting on here, it is a bit quiet apart from a small group of active members.
All the best.

Grayhand

I will do my best (y)
I have a small backlog that I have to go through so we will see what I find..
And on Sunday I start a trip that will end up above the arctic circle if the weather cooperates.
That should hopefully generate some content

Best Wishes

scho

A re-work of an early image taken with the fpL and Canon TS-E 24/3.5 II on xmas eve day 2021. Primarily some sky enhancement with Luminar Neo. Whan I first got my fpL I used it mostly with existing Canon lenses and primarily the 24/TS-E for landscapes. I moved on to the S1R as my primary L mount camera but recently my aching old bones are driving me back again to smaller cameras and lenses. I will resurrect the fpL and use it more often now with the nice little Sigma dg dn lenses (24, 35, 90) in my bag.

KC_2020

There are new firmware updates for both the fp and fpL available February 8 from Sigma's support site.

Most of the features are video oriented but there is also an improvement to the false color focusing feature that applies to stills.

scho

Today was one of those rare warm (67 degrees F) mid February days that really freaks out people living in the cold NE. They know that real spring is at least 2-3 months away, but the balmy warm breeze tells them that spring really has arrived. Cruel, but we will take it. We went over to the Nevin center at the Cornell botanic garden, something we usually do for a walk through the gardens in the spring and summer, but not in mid winter. As you can see from the pictures below we were deceived but still enjoyed the fresh air and warmth of the sun.

SIgma fpL 35/2 DG DN

Michiel Schierbeek

I did something stupid with my fp L. I tried to put on the Russian Jupiter-12 35/2.8 on the fp but the the rear element was protruding to far in the camera and it damaged the low pass filter.
It is with Sigma at the moment for a new low pass filter. How stupid one can be! But the service is quiet nice from Sigma, I could talk directly with the thechnician and it will be repared. I am waiting now to hear how long it will take. I miss the camera already, real nice. And that while i just bought the tiny Laowa 14mm/f4 for it. Didn't get the chance to put it on the camera yet. :rolleyes::sick:

scho

I did something stupid with my fp L. I tried to put on the Russian Jupiter-12 35/2.8 on the fp but the the rear element was protruding to far in the camera and it damaged the low pass filter.
It is with Sigma at the moment for a new low pass filter. How stupid one can be! But the service is quiet nice from Sigma, I could talk directly with the thechnician and it will be repared. I am waiting now to hear how long it will take. I miss the camera already, real nice. And that while i just bought the tiny Laowa 14mm/f4 for it. Didn't get the chance to put it on the camera yet. :rolleyes::sick:
Sorry to hear about your fpL and hope you get it back soon. I did the same thing a few years ago trying to mount an adapted Contax G 21mm with a protruding rear element on one of my Sony cameras that had a clip on sensor filter. Destroyed the filter but no damage to the sensor.

Grayhand

Backyard shot from my deck using the Canon TS-E 24/3.5 L II on the fpL. About 1.5 degrees tilt and two shots framed with rise/fall on the TS-E and stitched in LR Photomerge.
I forgot to ask you earlier about your experience with the TS-E 24mm lens. I did earlier shoot a lot with a tilt/shift on medium format, and I did like that experience. Do you find any issue with sharpness or other parameters with this combination?

Ray