The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Sigma fp and fp L

scho

I forgot to ask you earlier about your experience with the TS-E 24mm lens. I did earlier shoot a lot with a tilt/shift on medium format, and I did like that experience. Do you find any issue with sharpness or other parameters with this combination?

Ray
Hi Ray.

No issues using the 24mm TS-E on the fpL. Sharp and very nice for stitching panos. I use it with a Sigma MC-21 adapter on both my fpL and S1R.

Grayhand

Hi Ray.

No issues using the 24mm TS-E on the fpL. Sharp and very nice for stitching panos. I use it with a Sigma MC-21 adapter on both my fpL and S1R.
Thanks for the info, Carl!
Then I will check this lens!
Ray

Grayhand

When you are above 68 degrees north in February, there is often a diffused light when cloudy, some unique tones of blue/gray that I have given up on being able to reproduce truly.
I think I will bring a color temperature meter next time...
And the Arctic circle is about 66.5 degrees north.
What they have in unlimited quantities in the north, besides snow, is endless distances

fp L, Lumix S 24-105 f4

Ray

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I did something stupid with my fp L. I tried to put on the Russian Jupiter-12 35/2.8 on the fp but the the rear element was protruding to far in the camera and it damaged the low pass filter.
It is with Sigma at the moment for a new low pass filter. How stupid one can be! But the service is quiet nice from Sigma, I could talk directly with the thechnician and it will be repared. I am waiting now to hear how long it will take. I miss the camera already, real nice. And that while i just bought the tiny Laowa 14mm/f4 for it. Didn't get the chance to put it on the camera yet. :rolleyes::sick:
Michiel
Sorry to hear about your bad luck . Hopefully the service is afordable .
We always live in a kind of "danger zone" when handling our equipment .
I suffer arthrosis in both hands (fingers) and therefore i have learned to be extremely carful when handling my photographic equipment .
All the best . Jürgen .

KC_2020

A few shots taken today at Steamboat Landing and the Ithaca Farmers Market using the Sigma fpL with the Sigma 20/2 DG DN lens. I just acquired the lens to complete my trio of little i lenses (20, 35, 90) in L mount.
Nice images. The Sigma lenses are a tremendous value and very capable, based on my experience with the Art series.

That's a great kit but I know I'd also want the 65mm ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel
Sorry to hear about your bad luck . Hopefully the service is afordable .
We always live in a kind of "danger zone" when handling our equipment .
I suffer arthrosis in both hands (fingers) and therefore i have learned to be extremely carful when handling my photographic equipment .
All the best . Jürgen .
Hello Jürgen,

Sorry to hear about your arthrosis. That is to bad.
The reparecosts are € 480,- which is not to expensive, I think.
The service of Sigma is quiet nice here in The Netherlands. Very approachable and friendly.