The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX 50 with Tamron 90 Macro

Ari

It's a stellar combination!
I just received the Tamron today, I shot a few product shots for website only, so the GFX is a tad overkill.
But the ease with which I can get 1:1 with such a small, light lens is quite marvellous. No more extension tubes.
It was used on a tripod, with camera and lens both set to manual focus, but if precise repeatable framing weren't needed, I could easily use it hand-held.
Sharpness and image quality are top-notch, by far the best Tamron lens I've owned, and I currently own the last 17-28 f/2.8.
It's also an inexpensive option, I paid about $145 for my late-model macro lens.
The AF on it is terrible, but I suppose I'll be using it mostly on a tripod in MF mode. Minimal vignetting on the GFX.
Anyway, highly recommended.
Here's a JPG from earlier today.

32 34 100-B.jpg

Attachments