The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX100 - how to set Raw 16 bit?

GDI

I have tried every different image quality settings and the 16 bit option is greyed out for every type of Raw -compressed, uncompressed, and lossless. I can only choose 14bit.

i must have some incompatible setting somewhere but I can’t find it! Any ideas? Could it be SD card related?
Thanks!

Last edited:

rdeloe

I don't have a GFX 100, but I took a quick look at the manual and it says that 16 bit only takes effect in single-frame drive mode.

Reactions: GDI

Ed Hurst

Is that also true on the GFX100S, by the way? Or can you do 16 bit in continuous shooting mode?

rdeloe

If you exhaust all the reasonable explanations, you could try a factory reset. In another forum there was a member using a 100S who encountered a similar "makes no sense" problem. He couldn't get the EXIF data written into the files when shooting with manual lenses. A factory reset cleared it up. Bugs happen.

algrove

Over time I have come to realize Fuji footnotes are to be read with close scrutiny. See 100S manual p.110 after exclamation point. Just what Knorp noted.