The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX100 Struggles

jecxz

I'm struggling with a few issues with my new GFX100. I do not mean to complain, this is an incredible camera.

I recently learned the GFX100 does not have a Profiles option like other cameras do. I'm quite disappointed. The Save User Settings option only saves a few things and for a camera with what feels like millions of options... there isn't a quick and easy way to return everything to a default state established by me. Major issue.

Next, in Aperture Priority mode I can't seem to figure out how to get the metered shutter speed to always display without having to press the shutter button half way. In other words, if I'm working in the landscape, to know the metered shutter I must always depress the button otherwise it is blank. I must be missing a setting for sure, this can't be.

I am still learning, the countess options are wonderful but did they design this camera for technophiles or for photographers and artists.

Sorry for complaining, just need to rant. Be safe everyone.

jecxz

Hi Derek,

(I'm answering myself). Sorry to hear about your struggles, that's correct, the GFX100 does not have a Profile feature like the H3DII39 from 2007 has. Sorry.

The issue with Aperture Priority is caused by DR being set to Auto; set it to DR100 and then the shutter speed will always be displayed in A mode. Maybe posting this will help someone else who has this issue.

(Yes, for those of you who don't get it, this is a joke, much like my joke a few weeks ago that I required a PhD to use LR but not PS - no one got that!)

Be safe everyone! LOL

ron787

Although it may prove useless in the field, Fujifilm X Acquire does allow one to save settings for the GFX cameras. I've saved the settings for my 3 GFX cameras to this software, however, I have yet to have had the need to reinstall them, so I can't attest to how well it works.

jecxz

Although it may prove useless in the field, Fujifilm X Acquire does allow one to save settings for the GFX cameras. I've saved the settings for my 3 GFX cameras to this software, however, I have yet to have had the need to reinstall them, so I can't attest to how well it works.
Thank you! I will check that out. Be safe.