The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX100S Memory Cards?

Kphelan

I am new to the GFX100S (on the way, not actually here yet), and am uncertain on what kind of SD cards to use. I have a bunch of old 64gb SanDisk Extreme PRO cards (rated at 95 mb/sec) from my Fuji X-T3 days. I switched to to a Nikon Z7 a few years ago and have been using Sony XQD cards since.

What is the general consensus on cards for the GFX100S? Lexar has a 256gb 1800x 270MB/s card for reasonable money. It is rated V60 for video. I do not/will not shoot video with the big GFX. ProGrade Digital has a similar offering, tho it is rated at 250MB/s. I will buy a pair of whatever I get and use them together for overflow or backup.

Thanks for your thoughts, Kent

Knorp

Well, I didn't give it much thought I'm afraid: just went straight for the Sony 128GB SF-G Tough. So far so good.

Rand47

I too am using Sony G Tough cards with my GFX 100. Fast, no seams, no slide lock gizmo on the side. So far, flawless.

Rand

schuster

GFX100S - I didn't give it much thought either, and bought two 64GB SanDisk Extreme PRO XDSC cards. So far, so good too.