The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gh3 L Bracket

Really Right Stuff supports almost all cameras, but so far there is nothing on their site about the GH3. They do support the Olympus OMD E-M5 so I would expect an L-plate for the GH3 as well. Why don't you e-mail them at: [email protected] and ask. I expect the lack of a GH3 L-plate is just the camera being so new, it only started shipping late in 2012. HTH

Paul

ceklund

Re: GH3 L Bracket

Good idea Paul. Here is the very quick response I received from RRS:

We are intending to make a plate for the GH3, however we still need to receive one in house in order to design a plate for it. Once we are able to get our hands on one, it is usually 4-6 weeks until we are able to start shipping the plates out to customers.

Erik
Really Right Stuff, LLC
1-888-777-5557 toll free in the US and Canada
1-805-528-6321
Fax: 1-805-528-7964
1146 Farmhouse Ln
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

A reasonable response. I hope they get their hands on one soon. In my experience they make excellent brackets.

biomed

GH3 L bracket
The L bracket does limit the full range of the LCD movement as can be seen in the GIF animation. The bracket is two piece, so it can be used as a base plate only.

RonSmith

I just got my GH3 last week and have discovered that the RRS L-bracket for the GH2 also fits the GH3, although there's a bit more of a space on the left side of the body.