The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Got my GFX100s today.

c1400700226

so drag the file onto exiftool icon and then type that in and press enter? cant seem to get it to work, Im on PC so cant use the other editor.
No, you need to rename the exiftool(-k).exe to exiftool.exe, then press&hold shift key and right click on background, then you will see open powershell(command line) item, then type cmd in commandline and enter, then type that command I posted.

Also, could you please post some test RAWs I described if possible? Thanks

Paul2660

I use EXIF Editor, again Mac based, but makes this type of conversion so easy and quick. Works on an entire folder at once. Hopefully C1 and ACR will come out with their updated versions to support the new camera.

Paul C

• Thanks
Reactions: spb

spb

Staff member
I use EXIF Editor, again Mac based, but makes this type of conversion so easy and quick. Works on an entire folder at once. Hopefully C1 and ACR will come out with their updated versions to support the new camera.

Paul C
Yes I much appreciate being able to update a whole folder in situations like this, before the camera has been updated for Capture One.

Christopher

So a few thought after a few days.
- it’s super small. For me perhaps to small. 🤣 I preferred the longer grip of the 50S, as my small finger is kinda slipping on the GFX100s.

- the very first time unpicked it up and it felt heavier than I thought. (This is the exact opposite of the GFX100, which is so much larger but feels light). Don’t get me wrong the GFX100s feels great, just the first time was strange.

- the EVF is a step back from the GFX100 and for me a disappointment. I get Fuji’s decision, but find it sad that in 2021 we use a EVF of a quality standard of 2015.... in the end it gets the job done, but I much prefer the GFX100 EVF not even Talking how magnificent the XF viewfinder is after using these EVFs.

- Battery performance works great. For me it hold longer than I expected it.

- I do like the cleaner layout of the buttons and enjoy the PASM dial. I just wish there was a clear manual that stated exactly what is saved and what not!!!! (File quality for example can be saved. C1 raw; C2 JPG)

- camera manu is still not great, but after my third Fuji I’m getting used to it. At least it stays at the menu point you selected when leaving the menu and coming back to it.

If you have anyquestions just let me know.

Frank, I would like to ask how good is the EVF. That is one thing holding me back. Now I don't have issues with EVF on my GFX50s but from what I read magnification is less on this new EVF. I was hoping it will be at least the 5.7MP EVF like on GFX100, even if not tiltable.

Second thing would be to check how easy it is to manual focus in low light. Using A7rIV and GFX50s, I see Sony easier to focus as view in EVF at zoomed in mode is much clearer.

Thanks

Photon42

Fuji seems to have to cut corners with the price point of 5.999 Euro, as its the first camera for this price I bought which has no charger included... You have to buy the dual charger separately...
Seems to become fashion and matches my IPhone 12p and the X1D2. But of course, both aren’t 100MP cameras 😬

spb

Staff member
Did it not come with a USB cable and a small wall plug? Mine did here in Switzerland also the dual charge unit was given (but I gather that is in Switzerland).

Last edited:

vjbelle

- the EVF is a step back from the GFX100 and for me a disappointment. I get Fuji’s decision, but find it sad that in 2021 we use a EVF of a quality standard of 2015.... in the end it gets the job done, but I much prefer the GFX100 EVF not even Talking how magnificent the XF viewfinder is after using these EVFs.

If you have anyquestions just let me know.
Can you elaborate a little on the EVF? What does a step backwards mean? I have read other reports that it is clear and sharp. I'm assuming that it is much better than the 50s.

Thanks.....

Victor B.

Photon42

Did it not come with a USB cable and a small wall plug? Mine did here in Switzerland also the dual charge unit was given (but I gather that is in Switzerland).
The X1D2 came with and USB-C cable and a wall plug, yes, but no separate charger. The iPhone only with an Lightning to USB-C cable. I live in Switzerland, too.

Christopher

I don’t have a 50s anymore, but I don’t expect it to be so much different. I got my GFX100 here and it’s EVF is much much better.
Don’t get me wrong, the EVF with the GFX100s is ok and works. However, it’s sad that we are still far away from „iPhone retina“ display revolution. Progress is so slow and the GFX100s certainly didn’t take real step forward...

hcubell

I don’t have a 50s anymore, but I don’t expect it to be so much different. I got my GFX100 here and it’s EVF is much much better.
Don’t get me wrong, the EVF with the GFX100s is ok and works. However, it’s sad that we are still far away from „iPhone retina“ display revolution. Progress is so slow and the GFX100s certainly didn’t take real step forward...
I agree that the choice of the 3.69m dot EVF for the 100S is unfortunate. It is two generations behind the state of the art in EVFs, the 9.44m dot EVF Sony has put into the new A1. the 3.69M dot EVF really does not work well for MF with Live View, even compared to the 2.36M dot EVF in the original X1D. However, Fuji designed the 100S to hit a price point that would be low enough to entice photographers who would otherwise turn to FF, so presumably some things had to give. They also likely wanted to preserve some features for the regular 100, which is $4,000 more. Next time.

gerald.d

I do find it weird that the Fuji "tether" software doesn't actually have any capability whatsoever to control the camera. The Pixel Shift Combiner software does, so it can't be rocket science.

Hopefully it won't be long before the camera is fully supported in Capture One.

vjbelle

The issue with the EVF AND LCD with the 50s was the way the camera processed the image in live view. Both the LCD and EVF were fuzzy, unsharp and difficult to focus with. The 100 was worlds better. However if only the EVF has changed with the 100s but the processing has been kept the same as the '100' then the LCD image on either the 100s or 100 should be the same. That would keep me happy.

Victor B.

eisbaer

Some comments to the EVF.. I have the Phase One XF and the IQ4 too... Yes the viewfinder of the XF kicks the ass out of the Fuji.... but being able to shoot an image tack sharp out of your hand with 100 MP at a 1/25s.. Kicks the ass out of the XF/ IQ4... AF Kicks Ass for a medium Format. In the Studio ... XF/IQ4... great advantages... Dynamic Range, Frame Averaging, Double Exposure, Focus Stacking... In the Street GFX100s... So cool.

gurtch

I use DXO Photolab 4 as my RAW converter for my Sony A7RIV and Fuji GFX 50R files. It is excellent with great lens corrections. Does anyone know if it will convert the GFX100S files? I am a very senior Amateur and switched from Pentax 645D to GFX 50R partly because of weight considerations. The GFX100S is about 5 ounces heavier than my GFX50R, but the IBIS would be a wonderful thing as I have found out with my A7RIV, as I dislike using a tripod. The extra resolution may also show up in the 24"x32" prints I make.
Thanks guys
Dave in NJ

rdeloe

I use DXO Photolab 4 as my RAW converter for my Sony A7RIV and Fuji GFX 50R files. It is excellent with great lens corrections. Does anyone know if it will convert the GFX100S files? I am a very senior Amateur and switched from Pentax 645D to GFX 50R partly because of weight considerations. The GFX100S is about 5 ounces heavier than my GFX50R, but the IBIS would be a wonderful thing as I have found out with my A7RIV, as I dislike using a tripod. The extra resolution may also show up in the 24"x32" prints I make.
Thanks guys
Dave in NJ
Not yet Dave, but I'm sure it will. Currently it supports the GFX 100. If you're in a hurry, you can use an EXIF editor (many freely available) to change the tag to GFX 100. That seems to be working for other RAW developerrs.