The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasseblad XD ll possible move from Sony A7r IV

PSS

I shoot people incl fitness as well as portrait and architecture....i got the X1DII 21, 30, 45, 90, hung on to my sony kit but never used it, so when i got the 907 as a second body i sold all sony stuff....
i wont even talk about AF because there just is no comparison.....i had A7RIII, i know the A7RIV is even better and really clings to eyes....so comparing makes no sense.....
i shot film medium format for years, i use similar ways to male sure things are in focus....that includes a LOT of shooting manual focus....
With athletes and fitness i mostly control where the action will be, the shots are set up, lights,....when running with someone i set f stop and focus and keep the distance....i shoot a LOT of wide angles, the 90 rarely gets used, that helps as well......i am not sure how people shoot with the 80 1.? Do they ask people not to move? I tried the 135 and that probably wont work for me either....focus is just too slow.....i am looking at the 120...it is slow but the macro function would come in handy for beauty and yes, i would ask people to hold still at that point....
everything else is awesome....files are the best, ipad tethering is amazing, menus the best....size, weight....feel....awesome.....
a friend of mine shoots Nikon, sony and 8x10 (and smaller film) for personal art projects....we shot together, he is selling his Nikon and getting the X....for portrait and in place of his large format film projects....