The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 2000fa winding

My only experience has been with focal plane shutter Hasselblads with the various CFV digital backs. The electronic body 200/2000 cameras are still a bit of a mystery for me.
Unlike the 500's I've used, my 2000fa makes a distinct "click" noise at the very end of the winding rotation. Not a nice precision camera like click but more like something that is not engaging properly.

Would someone who owns a 200/2000 Series camera please tell me if they also experience such a noise or if the winding stroke is smooth all the way through? Thank you.

FloatingLens

Winding is smooth on the 205 until shortly before the full turn the resistance goes away until the winding crank locks for the next exposure. That said, the action has more vibration and is somewhat less smooth as for a 500 series camera.

So your experience is exactly the OPPOSITE of mine? Yours gets smoother as it nears the end of the full turn? And does not make a fairly loud click or snap at the very end?

FloatingLens

There is a click at the end (where the resistance goes away). I suppose it is not loud. The shutter and mirror action is louder by comparison.

And after the click at the end the wind crank does not turn further. Is that correct?

And one other question please. With the back removed, if you move the lever on t he right side of the body that pre-releases (locks up) the mirror, does the magazine pin on the lower right corner of the body move outward into the magazine?

itsdoable

The 2000/200 have a "click" as you say, at the end of the wind. So does the 1000f. The Kiev-88's too. As does the Bronica S series (although those "clicks" are much stronger).

The 200's are a little softer than the 2000's. The "strength" of the click depends on the CLA status of the body.

I don't find them that bad - the 2000 series shutters have a distinctly metallic clack when released, which I find much more annoying than the clicks at the end of the wind.

FloatingLens

And after the click at the end the wind crank does not turn further. Is that correct?

And one other question please. With the back removed, if you move the lever on t he right side of the body that pre-releases (locks up) the mirror, does the magazine pin on the lower right corner of the body move outward into the magazine?
Yes and yes. Just checked the latter.

My only experience has been with focal plane shutter Hasselblads with the various CFV digital backs. The electronic body 200/2000 cameras are still a bit of a mystery for me.
Unlike the 500's I've used, my 2000fa makes a distinct "click" noise at the very end of the winding rotation. Not a nice precision camera like click but more like something that is not engaging properly.

Would someone who owns a 200/2000 Series camera please tell me if they also experience such a noise or if the winding stroke is smooth all the way through? Thank you.
Thanks to all who replied. I've got one that cosmetically is in pristine condition, but the shutter speeds above 125 get progressively slower. A 1/2000 it's off about a stop and a half. Both shutter curtains are very good. Focus with the original version of the split image screen and a PM-90 appears pretty much dead on with my CFV II 50c digital back. I think it would be a pretty good specimen with a good cleaning. As there are no service techs who will CLA one of these bodies I guess I'm just SOL :)

Last edited: