The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 907x CFV II 50C error „Image sensor too hot“

Achim

Hello everybody,

I‘m new to the Hasselblad 907x with it‘s digi back and after a few photo shoots I got problems with the sensor. Everytime I tether, wether over WIFI or cable, the image sensor gets too hot after a while.

Does anybody has the same problem or maybe an idea, how to fix this? I checked the firmware and it‘s up to date.

Thanks for any hint
Greets
Achim

Attachments

Achim

So far it is only while tethering. But maybe because in normal mode I switch the camera off more often and do not leave it on so long. 🤔 I‘ll check this out.

PabloR

not normal. send the back to Hasselblad.

It may happen only in extreme conditions, if there is not a hot environment as high temperature lights around or direct sun in summer, it is not normal.

It happens to me working in summer last year with X1D body, for many hours shooting hundreds of images, as it was a 40 degrees in my city and lights were so close to the camera, macro still photography. When the body is overheat camera shut down and power off to protect the electronics.

Also screens are damaged when shoot for many hours under really hot conditions. Every machine has a limit. CFV and H backs should be stronger as they have a big fan inside. ( dont know if new cmos backs need it or mount it, ccd has all of them ).

PabloR

it looks something is bad in your link card.

do you try to change the cable por a new one? I recommend you tether tools usb c. Black version sure haha

Achim

it looks something is bad in your link card.

do you try to change the cable por a new one? I recommend you tether tools usb c. Black version sure haha
it also appears, when I connect the iPad via WIFI. So it can‘t be the cable…

Achim

I did a new test in my hotel room, 27 C and after only 35 min the image sensor was overheated. I connected my iPad via Wifi, so it doesn‘t matter, if I tether or untether.

I don‘t know, if there‘s normally a vent or something else in it for cooling down. It‘s my first digi back…

So it seems to me, that I have to call my dealer and send it back… After only 2 month this more than sad 😞

Attachments

usm

This is “normal”, sending back a camera. This always happens to me.
I always arrange this by my self, the direct contact with Hasseblad helps.

PabloR

I did a new test in my hotel room, 27 C and after only 35 min the image sensor was overheated. I connected my iPad via Wifi, so it doesn‘t matter, if I tether or untether.

I don‘t know, if there‘s normally a vent or something else in it for cooling down. It‘s my first digi back…

So it seems to me, that I have to call my dealer and send it back… After only 2 month this more than sad 😞

Men. Those backs works for years and can take millions of pictures without any problem. I have been using backs for many years, some times for 12 hours by day. Believe me, your back will be ok after servicing.

Do you feel it HOT in your hands? I mean, HOT. Do you?

if not, if it is ok, as a phone or any electronic device, and message appears, it looks the sensor is doing a bad reading. Just send it to Hasselblad and they will repair it.

usm

Yes the Hasseblad service is good. Sometimes it takes some time. Right now they are very busy and it is summertime.

Achim

Do you feel it HOT in your hands? I mean, HOT. Do you?
Ooohhh yes! So hot, hardly can hold it and I‘m not that sensitive…

So thanks for all your comments. I‘m really looking forward to this back for years.

I own the 500 and a 503, which I used to work with while I was an apprentice 30 years ago. I purchased those bodies and three lenses from my master after he resigned and closed his studio.

Now with the CFV II 50c back I got those old babies back to work.

I was wondering since the first time I used the back that it got very hot very fast, but in the first weeks, it didn‘t come to an error. Maybe because I didn‘t use it so long without switching it off. Only on hiking tours in the Alps…

But in the last 2 weeks I got the first hotel photoshoots and the problem occurred for the first time.

Anyhow, tomorrow I will contact my dealer.

Or do you think, contacting Hasselblad directly is better and faster?

Thanks 🙏
Sunny greetings
Achim

Achim

This is “normal”, sending back a camera. This always happens to me.
I always arrange this by my self, the direct contact with Hasseblad helps.
Ups, sorry, missed that one! This is the answer to my question 🤣

usm

i Like the direct contact. It needs more effort but you cut off one not so important piece.

PabloR

directly. They will manage.Also the warranty of 907x is better than other products, it is two years. for X1D is only one.

it looks something goes wrong with the back. every problem "has" a solution :)

emilediaz

I had the same experience with the sensor overheating. Then I saw this small note in the manual which told me that using the live view for long periods of time will do that. Oh, well. Since then I have become judicious about the use of Live View! Of course, your issue may be something different altogether.

Steve Hendrix

directly. They will manage.Also the warranty of 907x is better than other products, it is two years. for X1D is only one.

it looks something goes wrong with the back. every problem "has" a solution :)

The warranty on the 907x is One Year (at least in the USA).

I can't help but add that if you do have access to a good dealer, there's no reason to not use the dealer. They add another (and sometimes important) layer to the support process in terms of rapid response, real time diagnostic capability, as well as quality control checks for completed service, and we advocate for our clients when there are disputes over the service (which happens occasionally).

Steve Hendrix/CI

Last edited:
Reactions: spb

PabloR

The warranty on the 907x is One Year (at least in the USA).

I can't help but add that if you do have access to a good dealer, there's no reason to not use the dealer. They add another (and sometimes important) layer to the support process in terms of rapid response, real time diagnostic capability, as well as quality control checks for completed service, and we advocate for our clients when there are disputes over the service (which happens occasionally).

Steve Hendrix/CI
right. two only for special editions. capture integration you always have the truth

PabloR

forums are always a place to find the truth about any thing. And also a place for free advertise, and also to find the chance to take distance from other "bad" professionals. Because Hasselblad sometimes choose "bad" dealers Lol

i have found the best information always direct from Hasselblad, they know their products because they have design them. Today they have a store, great, we are saved from bad dealers.