The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 907x + CFVII 50c firmware update 1.4.0

Godfrey

Hasselblad has issued a new firmware update, to v1.4.0, for the 907x, 907x Special Edition, and CFVII 50c. Here's the summary from the information file:

FIRMWARE 1.4.0 FOR HASSELBLAD 907X CAMERA

The 1.4.0 firmware is a feature and stability release for the 907X Special Edition and the 907X 50C cameras. We recommend all users to update.

The update file can be found in the “My Hasselblad” section at https://www.hasselblad.com/ my-hasselblad/#/home

NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS COMPARED TO V 1.3.0:

– Distance scale in live view

A new distance scale overlay is added to live view. This function requires firmware version 0.6.0 for XCD lenses (0.1.26 for the XCD 45P).

– New setting

The language setting has been changed to include a unit of distance.

– New function in Interval Timer

It is now possible to select exposure metering for each frame or for first frame only. Metering for each frame improves Time Lapse photography in changing lighting conditions.

– New option for Interval Timer

The number of frames setting has been changed.
Before: 2, 3, 4, ..., 97, 98, 99, No Limit
Now: 2, 3, 4, ..., 23, 24, 25, 30, 35, ..., 95, 100, 150, 200, ..., 900, 950, 1000, No Limit.

– New features with Phocus Mobile 2

- Increased Live View quality.
- A change in White Balance setting in Phocus Mobile 2 will be syncronized to the camera.

BUG FIXES

– A bug that prevented the menu button to enter the settings menu when live view was running in the EVF has been solved.

– A bug where DOF preview didn’t work when a Control Grip button was programmed for this function has been solved.

– General stability has been improved.

As mentioned above, there are also firmware updates for the XCD 45P and all other XCD lenses available to match. I believe this update is also available for the X1D II.

enjoy!
G

Last edited:

elm

Is the best way to update firmware for the X system to download onto SD card via PC/Mac and then put into the camera and update? Thank you!

Tim Floyd

I love that they added the distance scale, but I wish they had also added depth of field indicators to it. I believe the Fuji GFX cameras show aperture dependent DOF on their distance scale, and the Leica SL2 has it on the top plate display. Maybe with the next firmware update Hasselblad can add this feature, which is really convenient for landscape among other applications.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Is the best way to update firmware for the X system to download onto SD card via PC/Mac and then put into the camera and update? Thank you!
Have a look to the CFV II 50c user manual page 99 . There you will find a detailed description .

Reactions: elm

PSS

I do the updates through Phocus mobile 2 and ipad, works great...
updated X1DII, 907x, C50, 21,30,45,90 without any issues...
still waiting to see the Phocus mobile 2 update? Was hoping for TIFF export but i guess that will have to wait...

Reactions: elm

FloatingLens

Hasselblad has issued a new firmware update, to v1.4.0, for the 907x, 907x Special Edition, and CFVII 50c. Here's the summary from the information file:

FIRMWARE 1.4.0 FOR HASSELBLAD 907X CAMERA

The 1.4.0 firmware is a feature and stability release for the 907X Special Edition and the 907X 50C cameras. We recommend all users to update.

The update file can be found in the “My Hasselblad” section at https://www.hasselblad.com/ my-hasselblad/#/home

NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS COMPARED TO V 1.3.0:

– Distance scale in live view

A new distance scale overlay is added to live view. This function requires firmware version 0.6.0 for XCD lenses (0.1.26 for the XCD 45P).

– New setting

The language setting has been changed to include a unit of distance.

– New function in Interval Timer

It is now possible to select exposure metering for each frame or for first frame only. Metering for each frame improves Time Lapse photography in changing lighting conditions.

– New option for Interval Timer

The number of frames setting has been changed.
Before: 2, 3, 4, ..., 97, 98, 99, No Limit
Now: 2, 3, 4, ..., 23, 24, 25, 30, 35, ..., 95, 100, 150, 200, ..., 900, 950, 1000, No Limit.

– New features with Phocus Mobile 2

- Increased Live View quality.
- A change in White Balance setting in Phocus Mobile 2 will be syncronized to the camera.

BUG FIXES

– A bug that prevented the menu button to enter the settings menu when live view was running in the EVF has been solved.

– A bug where DOF preview didn’t work when a Control Grip button was programmed for this function has been solved.

– General stability has been improved.

As mentioned above, there are also firmware updates for the XCD 45P and all other XCD lenses available to match. I believe this update is also available for the X1D II.

enjoy!
G
Has anybody tried the update yet?

spb

Staff member
Yes, it is the safest way. One can do the update via iPad Pro too, but it is faster to download to SD card, and do the update from the camera.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I had 3 updates: CFV 1.4.0, 907x 1.2.8, Lens 45p 0.1.26. All went fine and seems to be working OK.
Carl
I do not understand your firmware levels .
If I look at the HASSELBLAD firmware download tables I can find firmware for 907x50c or special edition and CFVII50c . They are both the same . 1.4.0
I can't find a firmware download for 907x 1.2.8 but only 907x50c 1.4.0 .
I already noticed that before I sent my kit to Sweden . Where do you find the 907x (not 907x50c) entry ? ? ? with FW 1.2.8 ? ? ?

scho

Carl
I do not understand your firmware levels .
If I look at the HASSELBLAD firmware download tables I can find firmware for 907x50c or special edition and CFVII50c . They are both the same . 1.4.0
I can't find a firmware download for 907x 1.2.8 but only 907x50c 1.4.0 .
I already noticed that before I sent my kit to Sweden . Where do you find the 907x (not 907x50c) entry ? ? ? with FW 1.2.8 ? ? ?
I did not specifically download FW 1.28 and assume that it was in the 907x50c 1.40 download. Immediately after the 1.40 FW was completed a window popped up asking me to proceed to update the 907x from 1.26 to 1.28 (a 20 sec process) which I did. What do you see for 907x firmware version in the About panel on your camera?

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
CFV II FIRMWARE.jpg

That was my firmware level , before the kit was sent to Sweden . Looks all fine so far .
It sounds very logical that the 907x firmware is part of the CFV II 50c firmware . Thank you for your answer .

scho

Jürgen,

I am not seeing the new distance scale in LV mode. I ran the FW update again and it completed successfully as before, but without the prompt to update 907x (already updated). Still seeing same FW versions as above. How does one get the distance scale to appear? Hope this is not a buggy FW updater.

Carl

nameBrandon

IMG_5878.jpgI assigned "display cycle" to one of my custom buttons and cycled to the distance scale. It appears it's just part of the display like the grid, you just keep enabling more "stuff" on the screen and it should show up. Not sure how to get here without the grip.. sorry.

side note.. anyone else's rear buttons showing paint wearing off?

scho

Thanks. Sounds like you need the grip to enable this feature. I can't find a way to cycle the display from the camera menu.

Godfrey

Thanks. Sounds like you need the grip to enable this feature. I can't find a way to cycle the display from the camera menu.
Press the "square" button (third from the left) in LV mode. That cycles the displays, including the distance scale display.

CFV firmware 1.4.0 and 907x firmware 1.2.8 are the correct fw versions after the update. The lens firmware depends on whether you have the 45P or any other XCD lens: 45P nets v0.1.26, any other XCD lens nets v0.6.0.

Personally, I'm not so concerned about DoF scales with a TTL focusing/framing camera. Particularly now that the DoF Preview function with the control grip has been enabled properly. :)

G

scho

Press the "square" button (third from the left) in LV mode. That cycles the displays, including the distance scale display.

CFV firmware 1.4.0 and 907x firmware 1.2.8 are the correct fw versions after the update. The lens firmware depends on whether you have the 45P or any other XCD lens: 45P nets v0.1.26, any other XCD lens nets v0.6.0.

Personally, I'm not so concerned about DoF scales with a TTL focusing/framing camera. Particularly now that the DoF Preview function with the control grip has been enabled properly. :)

G
Thanks Godfrey,

Finally figured that out after starting live view and toggling with the rectangle button. All is working well now.

PSS

At this point i still haven’t received the Phocus mobile update? US App Store shows 1.1.2 on my iPad Pro

spb

Staff member
Mine is 1.1.2 (7) - I updated via the Apple Store, where it said Update. As far as I am aware that is the latest version.