The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 907x + CFVII 50c firmware update 1.4.0

Godfrey

I didn't consider doing the update to be "a roll of the dice" and I suspect, for the vast majority of users, it isn't. We have a small and very vocal group of users here.
Did all of you having a problem file a bug report?

I believe the lens needs the new firmware in order to work with the distance readout feature in fw 1.4.0. I had distractedly not updated the 45P after updating the body and was curious that I didn't get the distance screen with it... then I remembered, loaded the update, and got the distance readout. I'm also happy that the DoF Preview function that you can use with the control grip now works. I suspect that might also depend on having the right version of lens firmware, but can't say for sure.

spb

Staff member
Well it is a roll of the dice for people who expectingly end up with a brick for a lens. They also would not have been expecting that when they started the update.

I am also pleased to see that the numbers seem to be low and I hope Hasselblad are able to suss it out and fix it. Also I cannot imagine anyone in that position NOT bothering to file a bug report, I certainly would.

Reactions: JAB

Godfrey

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I refuse to live worrying about all the possible ways things can go wrong. I assume things work the way they're supposed to, and most of the time they do. When they occasionally do go wrong, well, I figure out what the problem might be as best I can and get them fixed. Then go on using things the way they ought to.

Why burden yourself worrying all the time? Unless this gear is part of your essential need for making a living and feeding yourself and your children—at which point you should NEVER be without a suitable backup in case something does go wrong, because things can and do go wrong even in the best of circumstances—the inconvenience of a camera needing some service is hardly a life threatening issue. It's just a minor annoyance: Something screws up ... I send it off for repair if that's the only option and do other things until it returns, ready to be used again.

Life's too short... :) So many other things are much more worth worrying and being bothered about...!!

G

PSS

A firmware update should not brick a lens...or body...but of course we all know that it does happen....i remember not too long ago adobe erasing all photos from users’ Lightroom galleries with an update.....crazy....
has anyone had any issues with updating through the iOS app? Or Phocus? I usually prefer the firmware on card method to buggy standalone updater process....but the iOS update seems solid and simple...for me at least so far....

JAB

I imagine the 45P will still work without the update, or does it have to match the new FW on the body for it to operate? if not then use it as is for the time being until you're ready to roll the dice.
Yes, camera is working wonderfully as is. All probability says that the update would be just fine. But I've now rolled snake eyes three times!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

OleBe

Maybe you can try to go to the about menu where the camera firmware version is mentioned. Tab a couple of times on it and the camera should show a message telling you that more service items are now available. If you go to the service menu on the bottom there should be a new entry which is labeled retry firmware update.

Maybe this helps to unbrick your camera/firmware combination. :)

spb

Staff member
Was asking about my 45/4P today and Grip, was told that my dealer has had two 45/4P arrived and both had to be sent back DOA in the last few weeks (Sept-Nov). So it seems to be an issue and I may well cancel my order. I have 3 good lenses. With the grip they have no idea when it comes, but I am getting used to handling the 907X now, so no hurry and no stress. It will come when it comes.

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
My CFV II 50c / 907x kit has finally returned from warrenty repair from HASSELBLAD Sweden . The FPC module in the 907x was replaced . Everthing works fine now .
No more contact issues .
So I decided to do the latest firmware update this morning . Using the SD CARD . The complete update ran without any trouble and it now looks like this .

CFV II 50C  907x  FIRMWARE @.jpg

cgastelum

I got my 45P back also last week and I waited till today to do the firmware update. It went well this time and now I'm back into taking pictures.
Now I just need o find a way to afford the xcd 80mm

budfox

Agree - don't sell the SWA. I got a second hand 80 last week for about the same price as a new 90mm. It's a nice lens, but not certain it's that much better than all the others. It's also heavy.

JAB

So I finally did the firmware update for the 907x, CFV50, and 45p. All updates worked great with all functions tested. In my previous post I didn't want to update and find that something went wonky since we were going on a short trip.