The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HASSELBLAD 907x Major connection issues

Godfrey

HB have admitted the issue is (was) related to a problem with an electronic component with the early production models which has been corrected. Looking at these posts it appears there might be secondary issue relating to failure with the 45P after upgrading to lens firmware 0.1.26 - but that is purely speculative.

My 907X has been working with no connection issues on my 45P, and now second hand 80, since being exchanged by HB. I have not updated the 45P firmware from 0.1.24 (and have no intention of doing so). I am on 907X firmware 1.4.

There have never been any issues using the back only on film camera bodies.
I updated my 45P. No problems with it that I can determine. The distance scale display requires the update.

PatrickX

Once again Hasselblad exchanged the 907x due to the issue of not getting a good connection with the back. So I am on my third 907x now. This time they only exchanged the 907x, not the whole set. Both cameras that were exchanged came from the first production run, obviously. I was assured that this time the 907x is a camera with new components. Knock on wood.

As a side note, they offered as well to put an improved and more durable coating on the little buttons on the CFVII50. Both backs I owned started to lose the black coating on the buttons right after one day of use or so. Will report back when that repair is done if it improves the situation.

Patrick

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Once again Hasselblad exchanged the 907x due to the issue of not getting a good connection with the back. So I am on my third 907x now. This time they only exchanged the 907x, not the whole set. Both cameras that were exchanged came from the first production run, obviously. I was assured that this time the 907x is a camera with new components. Knock on wood.

As a side note, they offered as well to put an improved and more durable coating on the little buttons on the CFVII50. Both backs I owned started to lose the black coating on the buttons right after one day of use or so. Will report back when that repair is done if it improves the situation.

Patrick
I see the same here .

5.907x FIRMWARE.01.jpg

I have very dry hands and do not use any cosmetic or other handcreme . So that can't be the reason for the coating to come off .
I have notified HASSELBLAD factory service of that issue too .

spb

Staff member
I see the same here .

View attachment 178908

I have very dry hands and do not use any cosmetic or other handcreme . So that can't be the reason for the coating to come off .
I have notified HASSELBLAD factory service of that issue too .
Oh not another new problem. I touch wood and say I must be lucky not to have any of these issues. However I still await the 45/4P with trepidation that it will actually work with no issues.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Sorry Stephen . Only talking the truth . Or should I say , face the facts ? ? ?:oops:
But there is also great joy . The 4/45P is an outstanding lens . Good luck for you .

spb

Staff member
It is true Jürgen, every time I look at the 907X and back I think wow that is a beautiful piece of art that works. I am amazed at the images from the 30/65/90 lenses. The Control Grip is smaller than I had envisaged from the images online and is very comfortable I find. So there is much joy. Perhaps I should stop reading about the problems anf hope that the will all get ironed out with time.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I don't want to annoy or bore anyone in this forum . This post is only to tell the truth .

Today mit 907x kit plus the 45P lens returned from service at HASSELBLAD Sweden . (Second repair service)
The lens passed all tests and was found 100% good .
The FPC module in the 907x was replaced again . (second time now) but the isuue is still there , but this time it is solid .
The lens is not detected . I wonder , what the test results at HASSELBLAD showed .
I also have the 30mm lens now and that lens is also not detected . Firmware level is only shown for the back .
I feel very helpless .

budfox

This is getting ridiculous.

If I was you I would be pushing for a full refund, take 6 months break, and then think about buying a brand new one again if you are still tempted. You will probably get over it by then.

Godfrey

That is big time rotten, Jürgen. I agree with budfox .. demand a return with full refund. Or, at the very least, a completely new unit.

onasj

I don't want to annoy or bore anyone in this forum . This post is only to tell the truth .

Today mit 907x kit plus the 45P lens returned from service at HASSELBLAD Sweden . (Second repair service)
The lens passed all tests and was found 100% good .
The FPC module in the 907x was replaced again . (second time now) but the isuue is still there , but this time it is solid .
The lens is not detected . I wonder , what the test results at HASSELBLAD showed .
I also have the 30mm lens now and that lens is also not detected . Firmware level is only shown for the back .
I feel very helpless .
It's silly that they don't just replace your 907x, instead of the FPC module within the 907x. I hope Hasselblad sees this thread and remedies your situation as soon as possible.

The good news is that many owners of this system can confirm that it works well once you get a non-defective 907x. But it's ridiculous that Hasselblad will need at least three service or replacement attempts to provide you with a working system.

JAB

Jürgen, I agree with the others - you should demand a full refund or a new 907x at a minimum.

My 907x/50c and 45p have been stable since my 45p was replaced and my 907x replaced. I have also upgraded to the new firmware currently available and all has been working great.

Keep us informed - I wish you well on getting this resolved.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Just to begin with : I don't say this 907x/CFV II 50c is a bad camera or bad design . I love that camera . . . . . . when it is working .:rolleyes:
And I finally want a working unit .

The first symptom was the one , many users experienced , touching the lens or 907x resulted in a contact issue .
That's why I opened this thread . So the 907x was sent for service . FPC module was replaced .

The second symptom after the repair was : the original symptoms had gone but intermittent contact loss to the lens still existed .
Therefore HASSELBLAD replaced the FPC again . It looks as if there is a modified version now .

The third symptom now is , that during power on , no lens is detected at all . This failure is solid .
The back behaves , as if attached to a V-SYSTEM camera .

Hasselblad said , they will replace the camera body . What ever that means . The 907x ? ? ?
That 907x is definately the culprit .

Today , I did some more tests and found , the lens is never ever detected during power on .

Waiting for HASSELBLAD to contact me tomorrow . Then I will know how we proceed .

JAB

Yep, it is a fantastic camera! I wish I could be out and about in the National Parks with it right now!

I really think if they replace the 907x, you'll have a reliable working camera.

I definitely hope this works out for you soon.

Jeff

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Jürgen, I agree with the others - you should demand a full refund or a new 907x at a minimum.

My 907x/50c and 45p have been stable since my 45p was replaced and my 907x replaced. I have also upgraded to the new firmware currently available and all has been working great.

Keep us informed - I wish you well on getting this resolved.
Hello all who suffer with me and give me emotional support . Thank you .
A full refund must be done by the dealer . My long time dealer closes down at the end of the year for reasons of age . No succesor was found and the number of
dealers with professional equipment is getting increasingly less .
Then on the other side , I have two lenses for the 907x/CFV II 50c kit . Therefore I definately finally want a working unit .

I will update when I know more from HASSELBLAD .

PSS

not acceptable in any way, I agree with everybody else here....return for full refund, end of story. buy again. I am pretty confident you will not have the same issue again. if you do, return. not sure where you are but here in the US, BH, Adorama, amazon,....they all have full refund no questions asked policies....things do get a little tricky if the item actually fails, because then you can get stuck in a warranty/repair cycle which is where you seem to be.
I often buy refurbished items because they usually are once returned and fixed and that usually means they are twice checked....
but having a new item repaired twice and still not working is not acceptable...

PatrickX

Jürgen,

sorry to hear about your trouble. I think you should press Hasselblad for an exchange of the 907x.

Mine was exchanged twice and now it seems that it works without problems. I hope you can say the same soon.

Best, Patrick

Hello all who suffer with me and give me emotional support . Thank you .
A full refund must be done by the dealer . My long time dealer closes down at the end of the year for reasons of age . No succesor was found and the number of
dealers with professional equipment is getting increasingly less .
Then on the other side , I have two lenses for the 907x/CFV II 50c kit . Therefore I definately finally want a working unit .

I will update when I know more from HASSELBLAD .

elm

Jürgen,

Big apologies for hearing about your kit. I would strongly suggest you emailing every person in Hasselblad you know, especially the CEO (Paul Bram) stating what has happened and you need a NEW kit and not one that you have been sending back and forth to get right. We are all behind you! When you get one that works, it will be well worth it! Again, sorry to hear about your experiences. Best wishes!

spb

Staff member
Jürgen,

Big apologies for hearing about your kit. I would strongly suggest you emailing every person in Hasselblad you know, especially the CEO (Paul Bram) stating what has happened and you need a NEW kit and not one that you have been sending back and forth to get right. We are all behind you! When you get one that works, it will be well worth it! Again, sorry to hear about your experiences. Best wishes!
I could not agree more. The 907X is a delight to use with all my lenses. I still await the 45/4P, but the grip is also very useful and comfortable. So I agree with elm and others, entirely you need a new 907X complete, not one that is being repaired every time. Surely that would make more sense for Hasselblad too! Instead of all the shipping too and fro, they replace your 907X for a new. Hopefully that would mean job done.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I got an answer from HASSELBLAD today . They close down from the 23rd of December till the 5th of January 2021 .
So , we agreed to delay the pickup of the parcel till then . Makes sense .
Hopefully then , with the camera replacement , the annoying issue will finally come to a good end .

As a technician of body and soul , I will take the time to investigate a bit more , as I believe , that I have found a reason for the now visible third contact symptom . 907x only .

I wish all getdpi members a peaceful , prosperous and safe X-Mas and hopefully we meet all again here next year .