The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HASSELBLAD 907x Major connection issues

spb

Staff member
Same to you Jürgen, and hopefully in the new year your problem will be solved. That would be nice.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Interesting chain of issues with the 907x. I won’t be able to even evaluate mine for function until as late as Summer of next year since that is the time I could see getting a native lens.

I’m all set with the CFV II portion though since that is 99% of the reason I got the kit.
Yes , that was my desire as well . Just to get the CFV II 50c for my V-SYSTEM cameras , ALPAs and also ARCA SWISS 6x9 metric .
The back works flawless here .
But as the CFV was only sold as kit with the 907x I have that small camera as well .
Now , here comes DANTE into the game and I could not resist to get at least the 4/45p . . . . . and found the combo to be great . (still do)
I could do quite some shots . Then thanks DANTE , I also got the 30mm lens . This was never really planed .

Now I sit here and have two lenses , but no working camera for it . Since the mid of September .

Now , having the 907x back from the second repair and still not working , I have decided to do some more inspections .
I will post my results later .

budfox

Interesting chain of issues with the 907x. I won’t be able to even evaluate mine for function until as late as Summer of next year since that is the time I could see getting a native lens.

I’m all set with the CFV II portion though since that is 99% of the reason I got the kit.
If you got an early model of the 907X I suggest you at least test an XCD lens from wherever you can access one. HB has admitted (to me) there was a problem with the early run cameras having a faulty component that was fixed with later runs. This only affects the 907X, so you won't know until you test it with an XCD lens. I would hate to think your warranty has expired by the time you get around to buying an XCD lens (this is why I was banging on about HB not being up-front with the failure in the first place).

And to jotloop who started this - take solace, I had no intention of getting any XCD lenses, but now have a new 45P, second hand 80, and now a second hand 30 on its way after Christmas (the 30 was too cheap to let it pass unfortunately).

Godfrey

I got my 907x ten days ago, I would think that qualifies as a newer one? If I wait until I can either buy or rent one in a few months, I will still be well within the warranty.
At issue is the initial production batch of 907x standard edition units, that shipped in, what, late August to early September 2020. I have no idea how many units were in that first production batch, or how many of them are still in the distribution channel, but I'd suspect this issue (which surfaced almost immediately) was fixed some time ago in the next subsequent production batch. Hasselblad has been fixing the units as they surface, and I'm sure that they'd do that whether or not your warranty had elapsed if the body had never been used.

They're not a faceless huge company that doesn't care about their customers. I've had nothing but exemplary support and service with Hasselblad USA, and they've assisted me with equipment that was well past its due by date on several occasions.

G

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thanks Godfrey - that is reassuring. HB Sweden were prompt in responding to me also,
HASSELBLAD Sweden was prompt in responding to me as well . (y)(y)(y)
But I still have no working unit . Responding and successful repairing are two different things .

Reactions: spb

Godfrey

HASSELBLAD Sweden was prompt in responding to me as well . (y)(y)(y)
But I still have no working unit . Responding and successful repairing are two different things .
Indeed, and I sincerely hope the situation is rectified ASAP. I keep the faith that it will be ... :D

The fact that Hasselblad does make mistakes shows that they are indeed human too. No one's perfect. We just have to live with that, I fear.

Getting close ... A fine holiday season to all, no matter what holiday you celebrate. And may 2021 be a better year for everyone!
Stay well, keep sane, endure ... be compassionate to all.

G

jdphoto

One criticism I definitely have of Hasselblad US is, as they said in the article, Hasselblad requires shipping at the users’ costs - even for things under warranty.

I think it’s ridiculous, especially when in other parts of the world HB sends a carrier to pick up the gear from the user. Shipping with insurance for MF gear isn’t a trivial expense IMHO. Maybe buying from someone other than BH or Hasselblad themselves would result in a different outcome.

Anyway, it’s a policy I think they need to change, and I’m glad it’s got some publicity behind it.
I've owned two H4d 40's and they both had QC issues. One even had loose solder in the camera. HB did not cover any shipping/ins, even though these were under warranty. Needless to say, I only shoot film with HB now.

PSS

so I guess this issue has been creeping up on me as well, the last shoot I did a few weeks ago went fine with no problems, yesterday I had several errors while I tried to take a few shots of my kids....I will contact Hasselblad US, I don't think I will even try to sent anything in before the new year...
for me the issue seems to be the connection 907 and back, when a certain amount of torque is allied, even when just holding the camera in a way that puts pressure on the lens....which is often since the camera is so small...anyway, will report back on this, I got mine in September (October?) so I guess I just slipped into that first batch...bought from Hasselblad US directly.....

jotloob

Subscriber Member
so I guess this issue has been creeping up on me as well, the last shoot I did a few weeks ago went fine with no problems, yesterday I had several errors while I tried to take a few shots of my kids....I will contact Hasselblad US, I don't think I will even try to sent anything in before the new year...
for me the issue seems to be the connection 907 and back, when a certain amount of torque is allied, even when just holding the camera in a way that puts pressure on the lens....which is often since the camera is so small...anyway, will report back on this, I got mine in September (October?) so I guess I just slipped into that first batch...bought from Hasselblad US directly.....
That sounds very much like the issue , this thread was opened for .
The warranty conditions seem to be quite different between the U.S. and Europe and even Germany . It makes sense to delay the required actions
into the new year 2021 .
I will get a camera replacement after three unsuccessful attempts .

PSS

I can rent a 45P from lens rentals for a week for about $100, that might give me an idea of where my 907X part is at. Maybe I ought to do that just to see how it all works...
I just had this issue with the 30mm, and I have not been able to replicate it today....which makes it even more frustrating....I know I can work through it when it does come up, a couple of restarts and lens reconnects usually solves it...but that is obviously not a real long term solution....but I also dread sending it in and wait for the repair....only to have it pop up again? I registered for the repair online today, I don't expect to send it in before January which means I won't get it back before February...

jotloob

Subscriber Member
PSS

It might be helpfull to take a smartphone image from the screen after power on , as I have done . See my previous posts .

camearacafe

Looking through this thread, there are three cases of connection issues between 907X and the 50C II. Count me in as case number four.

The message "Lens not detected" started on the second of four days of ownership. Sometimes the AF does not work at all, sometimes the LCD screen is frozen or goes black for several second before waking up or not. Sometimes it helps to put the battery out and in and restart, sometimes it does not help. Sometimes it helps to reseat the 907X and the 50C II, sometimes it does not help. Once or twice I got the message "Exposure could not be finished" and I am not sure that I had done an exposure at that moment. The errors are unpredictable, sometimes it happens right after starting up, sometimes it takes the LCD screen to be moved up, sometimes it happens just so. There is a minimal play between 907X and 50C II, sometimes I can induce the issue by trying to twist both parts a little bit (as in the video). Doing this the lense clicks from time to time as if it is be started. The menu on the LCD disappears or is shown incomplete.

It does happen with several lenses and it does not seem to be related to the battery level. In my case no tripod was used.

I am waiting for a reply by my dealer and by Hasselblad service center.

camearacafe

"LENS NOT DETECTED", It just happen to my camera 907x yesterday. After panic, I was looking in the internet and I found the GETDPI site. I saw others members with the same issue. I call this morning to Hasselblad USA, technical support. The answer was inmediate:

1)Go to main menu
2)Click on the camera icon
3)Click exposure
4) Shutter fonction, click on Electronic Shutter (Does mean, activate this fonction)
Et voilá!
I'm able again to use lens with Leica M terminal and a Leica L/M-HB(Xcd) adapter.
Enjoy it.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The described issue from this thread , can only be seen , when using XCD lenses and you have a failing unit .(907x)
Third party lenses have no contacts to and through the 907x .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Today I received a parcel from HASSELBLAD . They replaced the entire kit and it has a much higher serial number .
First tests show , that the kit works now flawless . So far .
What I noticed is , the screen has obviously a higher resolution . That would be nice , if true .

anyone

Today I received a parcel from HASSELBLAD . They replaced the entire kit and it has a much higher serial number .
First tests show , that the kit works now flawless . So far .
What I noticed is , the screen has obviously a higher resolution . That would be nice , if true .
Jürgen, I'm happy for you that they replaced the kit and everything seems to work. That was quite a journey.

JAB

Jürgen, that is great news!! Enjoy the Hasselblad, it's truly wonderful to use.

Mine is one of the first ones and the buttons are losing the black. I understand that the newer ones like you have do not have the issue. Mine is going back to Hasselblad next week for new buttons. Should be all in great shape with the new buttons.

I wish you well and happy shooting!!