The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HASSELBLAD 907x Major connection issues

jotloob

Subscriber Member
JAB

I don‘t know , if my new CFV back already has „improved“ buttons , but I hope so .
To be honest , I didn’t dare to touch the buttons without cotton gloves . Call me nuts . It won‘t last long .

Reactions: spb

Godfrey

I don‘t know , if my new CFV back already has „improved“ buttons , but I hope so .
To be honest , I didn’t dare to touch the buttons without cotton gloves . Call me nuts . It won‘t last long .
LOL!
FWIW: I've used my 907x Special Edition quite a lot since late Feb 2020. I don't see any wear at all on the back's buttons. :)

G

JAB

Yeah, I wonder if the buttons changed in someway going from the Limited Edition to the standard version. It seems that a few of the early adopters had some amount of the black come off the buttons. I've used my back a bit, not extensively, and some of the black started coming off. I sent a pic to Hasselblad and they said no problem on replacing them. They also said that the new buttons I'll be getting are different than those on the early standard editions like I have. I anticipate mine will be like yours Godfrey in the long run. Hasselblad has been very good at resolving issues and answering a lot of my silly questions.

onasj

The original black buttons on the back of the CFV-II-50c that slowly lose their black color, typically starting with the corners, are a "velvet-touch" soft silicone. The replacement buttons that do not lose their black color are a semi-hard plastic instead.

usm

I got a new screen element whit buttons on it. They feel the same as the old ones.

PSS

So I finally sent my 907 kit in along with the 45P, had the same situation come up (along with wifi issues the next day) during a shoot again and wanted to make sure everything is taken care of during warranty period. sent 2nd day to hasselblad USA (they did offer a shipping label but I had already shipped) lens checked out fine, back was cleaned and is fine, 907 had a 907X SE BIFROST FPC; BC.HB.SS000278.01 part exchanged. I should have everything back next week.
alll in all the repair was less painful then anticipated, obviously I am hoping everything will be fine.

rweissman

I have both an X1D2 and 907x. On both cameras, the 45P fails to connect to the cameras at least 75% of the time---and connectivity is entirely random. My firmware is all up to date. My dealer has been of no help. All my other lenses (21, 30, 65, 90, 120, 35-75) work without a hitch. The 45P fails regularly. Rebooting the camera, taking battery out, reattaching the lens--nothing works. And I've read enough forum posts to see that I am not alone. Before returning your cameras for service, please make sure that it isn't the lens itself that is defective. Mine is a useless paperweight. The lens is wonderful from the perspective of size, weight and theoretical goodness. But it simply is too unreliable to trust--and fails more than 50% of the time on either of my Hassy bodies. I bet the lens, not the body, is the weak link for posters on this thread.

Reactions: spb

spb

Staff member
I have both an X1D2 and 907x. On both cameras, the 45P fails to connect to the cameras at least 75% of the time---and connectivity is entirely random. My firmware is all up to date. My dealer has been of no help. All my other lenses (21, 30, 65, 90, 120, 35-75) work without a hitch. The 45P fails regularly. Rebooting the camera, taking battery out, reattaching the lens--nothing works. And I've read enough forum posts to see that I am not alone. Before returning your cameras for service, please make sure that it isn't the lens itself that is defective. Mine is a useless paperweight. The lens is wonderful from the perspective of size, weight and theoretical goodness. But it simply is too unreliable to trust--and fails more than 50% of the time on either of my Hassy bodies. I bet the lens, not the body, is the weak link for posters on this thread.
Yes when I had the 907x one could not get the 45P for love or money. I eventually switched to Fujifilm GFX 100S and their 50mm 'pancake' is far superior in every way and like all my 3 Fuji lenses works impeccably.

Godfrey

I dunno ... I've had exactly zero problems with my 45P and it's been my most used lens on the 907x. It sounds like you have a lens with a problem since it fails on two different bodies, rweissman, and you should send it in for evaluation and service.

Forget the dealer, call Hasselblad customer service. :)

G

FloatingLens

I've had exactly zero problems with my 45P and it's been my most used lens on the 907x. It sounds like you have a lens with a problem since it fails on two different bodies, rweissman, and you should send it in for evaluation and service.
FWIW, I also confirm zero problems with my 45P/907X.

Steve Hendrix

It certainly does sound like the lens, and as such, should be easily remedied.

If your dealer is of no help, then I would recommend contacting Hasselblad directly or strike up a relationship with a dealer that is more helpful and better attuned to being of service to their clients.

Steve Hendrix/CI