The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 907x Special edition for sale less than 24hrs old

JamesBell

Yesterday afternoon I received what I believe is the last 907x special edition Hasselblad have sold worldwide. I have opened the box. Taken out the camera and exposed 12 images. I have decided the camera isn’t for me and therefore it is available for purchase. I’ve asked Hasselblad to take it back but they refuse as I’ve opened it.

If anyone is interested on here then please make contact. Ideally I’d get back the amount I paid which was £6990. The camera is based in the UK and can be collected or I will post worldwide if you cover the postage costs.

It is truly a beautiful camera but just not for me unfortunately.

James

dj may

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. The previous post is similar to some reported scams. Caution advised.

Last edited:

Charles2

Hello, I am interested in 907x SE. Do you have it for sale?
Whenever I list an item on craigslist (a U.S. online buy and sell site), I get almost instant emails asking "Is this item still available?" In addition to larceny, the motive is to harvest email addresses.

JamesBell

Apologies for not following up on this thread. You can read my thoughts on the camera here.https://www.jamesbellphotography.co.uk/blog/category/equipment I no longer have the camera.

Godfrey

I just read your thoughts on the 907x, James. Whatever feels right for you is all I have to say.

To me, the camera feels much like the Hasselblad SWC did in use, and I've never dropped an SWC despite bashing about with one quite a bit. I just put the Hasselblad short hand strap on it and went out using it. For the 907x, I either fit a neck strap or I fit a wrist strap, most of the time. I've recently received my Control Grip, which makes it even more secure in my hands (at the expense of making it feel somewhat bulky), and I'm making my own simple grip for waist level shooting ... not so much to keep from dropping it, but to make it more stable in my hands at waist level.

(I don't know what they use to finish the 907x SE neck strap lugs. I use the PD Leash strap with its anchors fitted via the two small steel split rings they supply in the lugs, and there's not a mark on the lugs or body after six months of use.)

But in the end, your personal comfort in the use of a camera is what matters. If you didn't feel comfortable using the 907x, selling it seems a reasonable thing to do. It is a special piece, a beautiful design, and the Special Edition particularly so... So I fully understand. Sometime I fantasize about building a glass storage case to put it on display when I'm not using it.

I looked through a few of your galleries, particularly the one with photos made using the Planar 80mm V system lens. I agree: 80mm seems like one of those "magic" focal lengths on this format, with this camera. I have the Planar 80mm myself and use it a good bit ... I suspect that next year I will acquire the XCD 80mm f/1.9, it looks to be a super performer for this camera.

JamesBell

Thanks Godfrey, For me the X1D suits my needs a lot better. Especially with the Cambo Actus. If you check out my YouTube vlogs you'll see how I use my setup. I tried the 907x in the same way and it didn't suit me. I lusted after the 907x for ages and i agree it is a beautiful camera.