The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad C-lenses: Using the timer with digital back

anyone

Hi there,

I have one question: is it possible to use the timer of the Hasselblad C-lenses with a phase one digital back?
So far, I couldn't get it to work. I both tried the 0 latency as well as normal mode, and a wake-up-cable and regular sync cable.

Am I overlooking something?
Thank you!

DaveS

Hi there,

I have one question: is it possible to use the timer of the Hasselblad C-lenses with a phase one digital back?
So far, I couldn't get it to work. I both tried the 0 latency as well as normal mode, and a wake-up-cable and regular sync cable.

Am I overlooking something?
Thank you!
Hi, I have used the self timer of C lenses on a Hasselblad X1D by:

1 - Setting the correct manual exposure on the lens. (Both Aperture and Speed)

2 - And the correct ISO on the camera, then on the camera do a bulb or long exposure setting. (Longer than the self timer setting)

3 -Then start the self timer and then start the camera exposure

This way the camera is exposing darkness, and the correct exposure happens when the lens fires.

This should work with any camera combo, but the big Hassle (pun intended) with this method is you need trigger the lens self timer firing off camera and mount the lens prefocused before firing the camera.

whew

Dave

anyone

Hi Dave,
thanks a lot! That might work in the P1 case only when the back is removed while the camera is triggered. I'll try it out. Of course removing the digital back often is a pain...