The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad "V" system lenses on GFX100/100S?

schuster

Has anyone here had experience with "V" system lenses on the GFX100/100S? I have some of Zeiss' best glass for my Hasselblads, and hate to sell them if all they need is an adapter.

rdeloe

Me -- no. However, some people over in the Medium Format forum have tried V lenses on GFX cameras. Ditto over at the DPReview medium format forum, which is dominated by Fuji GFX users.

scho

I posted a few images taken with the Hasselblad V 180 on a GFX 100s yesterday. I have the 40, 80, 100, 120, 180 V lenses and I used all of them with the 50r, but so far only the 180 on the 100s. You can use them via a simple "dumb" adapter (Fotodiox) or with something like the Combo Actus that will give you movements as well. I don't use them very often because of their size and weight.

schuster

I posted a few images taken with the Hasselblad V 180 on a GFX 100s yesterday. ...
Sorry for the delay, Scho. I had no access for a couple months. I just looked at your Iris images with the V 180 adapted to your 100S, and "impressive" is the best one-word summation. Beautiful images, and spectacular quality. Thanks! I was thinking of using my V Tele-Superachromat CFE 350mm, and its matched 1.4 teleconverter, on a 100S. Do you think an adapter could handle the weight of that behemoth?

jng

Sorry for the delay, Scho. I had no access for a couple months. I just looked at your Iris images with the V 180 adapted to your 100S, and "impressive" is the best one-word summation. Beautiful images, and spectacular quality. Thanks! I was thinking of using my V Tele-Superachromat CFE 350mm, and its matched 1.4 teleconverter, on a 100S. Do you think an adapter could handle the weight of that behemoth?
I use the 350 Tele-Superachromat + APO 1.4XE teleconverter on my Cambo + Phase One IQ4 150, which is in essence a larger version of the sensor in your GFX100S. Image quality is superb. Assuming you use the lens foot to mount to the tripod, you should have no problem hanging the camera body off the converter - I do so routinely with my Hasselblad X1D and in a pinch with the much heavier Cambo/Phase combination. However I would never dream of mounting the entire set-up via the camera's base plate, with or without the teleconverter there would be too much weight hanging off the front end.

If you already have the better Hasselblad V system lenses (IMHO: 40 IF, 100, 120 Makro-Planar, 180, 250 SA, 350 SA), trying them out on your Fuji with an adapter is a no-brainer. I've posted a number of images on the Fun with MF Images thread that you can browse through for examples.

Hope this helps!

John

Last edited: