The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X2D coming soon to a divorce near you

sog1927

I'm probably going to spring for the 55 before the X2D - I really need to fill in the focal length gap between the 30 and the 90.

Photon42

I watched this video, too. There are not a lot out there which are actually really hitting the nail on the head. My main gripe with the AF is that in some circumstances the AF field is too large, so the camera actually focusses on the next best contrasty thing, which isn't necessarily what I then want. I have only tried one new lens (55) in the store and found the results not significantly different to my 65. The Hasselblad's AF is clearly one of the weaker points of the X cameras in general, but honestly, I would have guessed in their portrait shoot scenario I would not have had any issues with the focus.

hcubell

I do recall that when the original X1D was issued, it had some issues with AF accuracy with at least some of the lenses (I.e., the 90 mm XCD lens), so I would check with MF in magnified live view. That was corrected with a firmware update. I have not had the time yet to do my own test with my X2D, I will do that. However, I agree with you that even the small size of the AF spot is too big for some situations. That is also something that can presumably be changed in the firmware.

Last edited:

Thorkil

I watched this video, too. There are not a lot out there which are actually really hitting the nail on the head. My main gripe with the AF is that in some circumstances the AF field is too large, so the camera actually focusses on the next best contrasty thing, which isn't necessarily what I then want. I have only tried one new lens (55) in the store and found the results not significantly different to my 65. The Hasselblad's AF is clearly one of the weaker points of the X cameras in general, but honestly, I would have guessed in their portrait shoot scenario I would not have had any issues with the focus.
Yes they ought to have an adjustable pinpoint AF like Nikon Z7

PeterA

If one needs facial recognition and tracking and all that stuff - there are plenty of cameras available that do a better job of it than any MF system does - and none of them produces the type of IQ that MF does.

peterm1

Btw you can change the size of the AF point by setting a custom button to af size and then you can switch between two sizes. I set it to the smaller size and then reprogrammed the custom button to do something else instead.