The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XV Lens Adapter Questions

buildbot

exciting news! Of course, you know that there are also autofocus lenses for this mount ;-).
That might be a bit beyond my skill to be honest, no promises :) And I only have the 80mm AF to test vs a bunch of PQ lenses.

Thyl

That might be a bit beyond my skill to be honest, no promises :) And I only have the 80mm AF to test vs a bunch of PQ lenses.
to be even more honest, I don't even have the skills to assess your statement. The electronic part will probably include converting control commands from the X camera into analog signals for the lenses (given the time the SLX was developed, I assume that the data exchange is via analog signals), and vice versa, but I have no idea if that is more complicated for the AF functions than for aperture and shutter control. Do you have contact to the Rollei successor, DW Fototechnik? Maybe they would be willing to provide information (provided they still exist)?! As I German native speaker, let me know if I can be of any help to you.

vs-foto

This combination is now my favorite camera system. Hasselblad 907X-50C / XV / V lenses (CFE 2.8/80, CFi 3,5/100, etc.). I've only had very good experiences.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I have that combination too (907X-II-50c) plus the adapter for the V-System lenses .
I have tested most of my V lenses but find it much easier to use the CFV II 50c with one of my V system bodies .
I think , that adapter combination is rather bulky , and as an other disadvantage , you have to take care of the ROLLING SHUTTER ISSUE . I just dislike that very much .
As a summary , I have that combination , but I don't use it .

Geoff

Have had some good luck using Leica M lenses on the 907. Several vignette only slightly or not at all, others just get cropped to square (like the 21 SEM).

TerryK67

I used the 80, 100, 120, and 180 on my 907x with the XV adapter and the XH bracket for tripod mounting. Worked well with all of those lenses. Here is the 100mm mounted with the XV, XH combo.
@scho can you give me some details on this? The XV connects to the XH and then the XH allows the connection to the 50C, and I'll guess the 100c as well?

chriswebb

@scho can you give me some details on this? The XV connects to the XH and then the XH allows the connection to the 50C, and I'll guess the 100c as well?
I think they meant the XH tripod foot not the adapter itself. There is no XH adapter in the picture above just the tripod mount connected to the XV adapter.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I think they meant the XH tripod foot not the adapter itself. There is no XH adapter in the picture above just the tripod mount connected to the XV adapter.
Is that the same tripod foot that comes with the XCD 135 + 1.7x? That would be very handy!

chriswebb

Is that the same tripod foot that comes with the XCD 135 + 1.7x? That would be very handy!
Yes it's the same one! It's very nice quality. Most people will need to adapt the foot though since its not Arca Swiss compatible. The tripod mount fits very well on the XH, XV adapters though just like on the 135 + 1.7x.

Godfrey

Yes, the XH tripod foot fits the XV and XCD 135/1.7x perfectly. I've been using it with the XV adapter a lot.
I bolted an Arca Swiss adapter to it the moment I received it, hardly recalled that it didn't come that way! LOL!

G

MGrayson

Yes, the XH tripod foot fits the XV and XCD 135/1.7x perfectly. I've been using it with the XV adapter a lot.
I bolted an Arca Swiss adapter to it the moment I received it, hardly recalled that it didn't come that way! LOL!
Yes it's the same one! It's very nice quality. Most people will need to adapt the foot though since its not Arca Swiss compatible. The tripod mount fits very well on the XH, XV adapters though just like on the 135 + 1.7x.
Thank you Gentlemen,

An Arca plate has been permanently attached to the tripod mount since I got the thing. It just never occurred to me to use it with the adapters. This will help a LOT with things like the Zeiss 350 SA, where the foot is so close to the lens that a support rail won't fit. Now I can support at the adapter *and* near the front of the lens. :love:

Matt

jng

Thank you Gentlemen,

An Arca plate has been permanently attached to the tripod mount since I got the thing. It just never occurred to me to use it with the adapters. This will help a LOT with things like the Zeiss 350 SA, where the foot is so close to the lens that a support rail won't fit. Now I can support at the adapter *and* near the front of the lens. :love:

Matt
Indeed, by default I use a lens collar/tripod foot that mounts to the XV lens adapter, in my case the one sold by ppl.de (similar to the Hasselblad XH/1.7TC collar, and last I checked probably out of production). I find the balance to be much better without the mass of the lens + adapter hanging off the front end of the camera.

In terms of using the 350 Tele-Superachromat (a beast), either by itself or with the 1.4x extender (an even bigger beast), I just mount the lens's built-in foot (w/Arca-Swiss plate) directly to the tripod head and let the camera hang off the end. Both the X2D and in particular the 907x-CFV100c are light enough that I haven't felt the need to use a support rail, even for long-ish exposures. YMMV, of course!

John

MGrayson

Indeed, by default I use a lens collar/tripod foot that mounts to the XV lens adapter, in my case the one sold by ppl.de (similar to the Hasselblad XH/1.7TC collar, and last I checked probably out of production). I find the balance to be much better without the mass of the lens + adapter hanging off the front end of the camera.

In terms of using the 350 Tele-Superachromat (a beast), either by itself or with the 1.4x extender (an even bigger beast), I just mount the lens's built-in foot (w/Arca-Swiss plate) directly to the tripod head and let the camera hang off the end. Both the X2D and in particular the 907x-CFV100c are light enough that I haven't felt the need to use a support rail, even for long-ish exposures. YMMV, of course!

John
I’ve done that. I’ve also used an extra clamp to raise the camera so I could use a rail. Sadly, I don’t use that lens as much as I should. It’s right at my weight limit. I won’t carry anything bigger, so no Mamiya 645 300/2.8 APO for me….

Matt