The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help With Phase one XF just acquired

rollsman44

Steve from CI was correct. I will be selling my XF with Hap2 and 2 Silver lenses . I will list them tomorrow on this site and FM
I have the 55 and 110 lens. Thank you all again.

daz7

I shoot CCD sensors at their base ISO. Always.
CCD sensors are meant to be used with a lot of light, the lower the ISO, the better they look.
If you need higher ISO you'd be much better with CMOS sensors.

John_McMaster

"X system you previously owned is more than capable and adequate to shoot any portrait studio session."

As would the H5D, Leica S(007), Pentax 645Z each of which has been bought and sold again after a couple of weeks....

john

FloatingLens

I shoot CCD sensors at their base ISO. Always.
CCD sensors are meant to be used with a lot of light, the lower the ISO, the better they look.
If you need higher ISO you'd be much better with CMOS sensors.
True. IMHO, CCD noise patterns are very reminiscent of film grain which for me reduces the amount of time in post-production. It must be said, however, that boosted shadows of underexposed CCD images can look muddy (again, a bit akin to film).

Then again, I am not a pro.

I guess what I am trying to say is that ISO selection on a CCD back is yet another "paint brush" out of one's toolbox. Given you like the results.

rollsman44

The X will do it. I had the Phase one XF on my WISH list for quite a while. I had to try it and It could work but maybe not the Best system to go with

buildbot

The X will do it. I had the Phase one XF on my WISH list for quite a while. I had to try it and It could work but maybe not the Best system to go with
If you have the $$$ for the cmos backs then that changes things a bit, but still the X system is stellar. Really hard to go wrong at this level

rollsman44

I know the X system will work better for me. I did NOT order any back for the camera. I did order one from MPB and it did not work and returned it for a refund.
My friend has a IQ 3 100 and it worked on my XF. So, I just have the XF body and 2 lenses to sell. Then I will decide what I will get. Thank you