The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hi from Vancouver BC.

tobiasash

Hi,
My name is Tobias and I live in Vancouver, BC. I have been here for almost six years and really love it.
I moved to shooting film exclusively, with various Hasselblad and 35mm cameras, about 8 years ago due to always feeling disappointed with the digital systems I had and I wanted to enjoy my photography again. I really enjoy portrait and landscape photography and was loving my 503cx setup. However, after a big accident almost two years ago, I am really struggling to shoot film now, partially because I damaged my shooting eye and also because I have a brain injury and numbers and mental arithmetic have sadly disappeared.

Just prior to my accident I purchased the 907x Special Edition and it has sat in its box till about a month ago. Initially I did use it with my 503cx but it just hasn't clicked with me so I have purchased the 45mm 3.5 as well as the 90mm 3.2.
In the short time I have had the 45mm the system has just blown my mind. The limitations I experienced with digital all those years ago have disappeared! I am no longer a skeptic!

Im happy to be here and to continue to learn about this medium. I have a long way to go!

Two portraits of my son Wilco are with the 907x and the 45mm.
The last image is from one of the last rolls of medium format film I shot and developed before the accident.

Attachments

JeffK

Welcome aboard!

I can vouch for @tobiasash. We’ve met in real life in Vancouver.He even bought an Arca Swiss Z1DP from me. Legit person and photographer.

Last edited: