The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

scho

First visitor this fall to my feeder. Canon EOS R (FS) with no filtration. Sharpened in Topaz Sharpen AI using stabilize mode to remove some "bird twitch".

scho

A few shots taken with the Canon EOS R and 85/1.8 EF at the Ithaca Apple festival on the commons.

scho

Understated pastel fall color with the Canon EOS R (FS) on the Cambo Actus with 60mm f/4 Actar lens and no CC filter color correction. Six shots stitched with PhotoMerge in Lightroom.

scho

Just playing around with kitchen counter top still life focus stacks. These were done using the EOS R and RF35/1.8 Macro with Arsenal automated stacking 5-6 shots each. Getting better, but the major limitation is still only have 6 mp jpeg output of stacked files. They say that the team is finalizing high res DNG file output, but when is the big unknown.

scho

Re-worked an image taken last summer to make a large print. Lansing, NY hay fields taken with the Canon EOS R (FS) with RF35/1.8 and Kolari IRChrome filter. Printed image is 17x30 inches on Hahnemuhle Metallic Photo Rag using Epson P800 and ImagePrint Black.

jeffreybehr

All shot last year with an EOS R

An old railroad-related building in Peoria, Arizona.. I began 2019 with a Sony a7R3 system, went thru this EOS R and a Panasonic S1R (too heavy for this old man with a somewhat-handicapped right arm), and then bought another Sony, this time an a7R4.. And finally after FOUR a7Rns, I figured out that I still don't like 'em much.. I'm now waiting for the EOS hi-rez, hi-DR body with IBIS and dual card slots; next month, Canon?? Have already started gathering parts such as the drop-in-circ-pol EF-to-RF adapter (for $199 last month instead of $299).

I initially planned to buy the newish RF15-35/2.8 and the RF24-105, but now--EDIT--have purchased a Zeiss Milvus 18mm/2.8--CLOSE EDIT--to add to my TS-E50, Otus 55/1.4 (EF), and old, lite-weight, excellent EF 70-200/L/USM with 1.4X-III, all for use on that circ-pol adapter.. Ought to be a good combo with the RF24-105.

Will add more pics as I find them.

Attachments

Last edited:

jeffreybehr

Shot with 50TS-E, July, 2019

EOS R.

Three horizontal frames shifted horizontally 12mm each...that is, the three frames are shifted 12mm left, zero, and 12mm right.. Stitched in CCPS Photo Merge which I find does an excellent job.. Final pano is 11,148 by 4386 pixels.. Shot from central Arizona's Mogollon Rim looking generally southward.

Attachments

scho

House bound today so played around a bit with the EOS R and Tamron SP 90/2.8 Di Macro lens. Subject was a little Cyclamen houseplant and camera mounted to tripod with Arsenal remote on top. Used the Arsenal app on my iPhone to control the shooting. Used focus stack mode and let Arsenal do its thing, taking and stacking 6 shots. Although I was shooting in raw mode Arsenal still cannot export a stack in high res DNG format. I exported the stack as a jpeg via email and then copied the 6 raw images that Arsenal used to create the stack from the camera to my computer where I used them to create a stack in raw mode via Zerene stacking software.

Arsenal stack exported as jpeg

Zerene stack from raws

scho

I installed a new Astronomic L-2 UV-IR block clip filter in my EOS R (FS) and then did a custom white balance using a white wall image. Seems to be OK after a few test shots indoors and out using the custom white balance and no lens filters. I was hoping they would have an OWB clip filter but this filter seems to do the job just fine. These shots were taken with the R 24-105. Only issue was unable to use the 35 R because of protruding rear element.

OOC focus stack with Arsenal

scho

Steamboat Landing on Cayuga Inlet at the Ithaca Farmers Market. Canon EOS R with 24-105 RF and Arsenal Remote. 5 shot focus stack from Arsenal OOC 6 MP jpeg file and raw composite in Zerene stacker

OOC jpeg

Zerene focus stack from raw image files

scho

Same comparison as above inside the Farmers Market. Upscaled (Topaz A.I. Gigapixel) the OOC 6 MP jpeg file to the same pixel dimensions as the raw file stack for comparison.

From OOC jpeg

From Zerene focus stack using original raw files

jeffreybehr

A few shot at the Early Days Engine & Tractor Assoc. annual show in Glendale, AZ, the WE of Feb. 08-09.. 5DSR new last month with new Tamron 35-150/2.8-4/VC, which has replaced my too-short Canon 24-70/4/L/IS.

2020Feb09_W3A0281_CucamongaFD #4-1_1500w.jpg

2020Feb09_W3A0282_Cucamonga placard_1500h.jpg

2020Feb09_W3A0286_Cucamonga 8V71_1500w.jpg

2020Feb09_W3A0284_Cucamonga control panel_1500w.jpg

2020Feb09_W3A0285-Cucamonga interior_1500w.jpg

Last edited:

scho

Another attempt to keep busy under house confinement. Some more houseplant shots, this time using the Canon EOS R with RF 24-105, tripod mounted with Arsenal remote attached. These are 5 shot automated focus stacks using manual aperture control set for f/4 or 4.5, ISO 125. Output is still only 6 MP jpegs from the stacks but I've been batching the jpeg stacks through Topaz Gigapixel AI set to output 2x (24 MP) 16 bit Tiff files which are then exported to LR for final processing and upload to Flickr. Click for full size.

Orchid

Clivia

Last edited: